CONTEST - Enter to Win: GEOSATpro DVR1100c w/15GB HDD, 90cm Dish - Complete System

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What Fall means...

I remember the smell of Oak and Pine as we used the chain saw and the splitter to bring in firewood for the Winter. Michigan is cold once you get away from the Great Lakes. A warm fire still brings back those memories.

I enjoyed playing in the fall soccer leagues, football, and who could ever forget the state fair? Riding the Zipper, Gravitron, and all the other rides designed to make you cough up that $5 fried delicacy just added to the fun. Plus, there were still real arcades back then, so you could grab a handful of quarters, and waste your money there as well.

Ahhh..the Fall season. Brings back memories of jumping into big piles of raked leaves, carved pumpkins and carmel apples and of course; dressing up in an awesome costume and begging strangers to give me candy.

Favorite memory. A Minnesota Halloween when I was in grade school. It snowed over a foot that night so school was obviously going to be canceled. Got to stay out trick-or-treating all night long. A bit cold but completely worth it.

I always loved spending the week before Thanksgiving at my Grandma's. Great food, fun family, turkey, pumpkin pie. Fun memories.

It's tough to beat the food that grandma made. I am getting hungry right now.

Fall to me has always signalled winter was on the way. As a kid I always enjoyed snow storms and skiing. As I grow older, my attitude has significantly changed !!

My family and I used to go on hikes in the mountains in the fall. We would enjoy the colorful foliage, harvest black walnuts and chestnuts. Mom would make some great pies and cakes with those nuts.

Fall camping trips with my father are what I remember the most and enjoyed the most. We would go camping in the Michigan countryside either at a state campground or as a scout troop in a bsa campground. It was always a good time seeing the fall colors during the day and sitting around the campfire at night fending off the autumn chill with hot chocolate and fire cooked hot dogs chased with ghost stories and snipe hunts or on rare occasions meteor shower watching.

Thanks to Satellite AV for a great contest! My favorite autumn memories growing up are from Halloween shenanigans. We lived in a small town with only two police cars and only 5 or 6 police officers. On Halloween, the goal was always to toilet paper the trees in the schoolyard, and of course, the goal of our friendly police officers was to prevent us from doing so. Back then, you didn't get charged with a crime and taken before a judge for harmless pranks. The police would just confiscate our toilet paper if they caught us and then send us on our way. They would even offer us a ride home if we wanted it!

My favorite autumn memories when I was growing up was going Apple picking and to the pumpkin patch. We would go every October and we still go. Those apples are the best tasting apples we have ever tasted!. Thanks for the contest!

my fav fall memory was going to the state fair every year. the weather was nice and got to spend time with my mom.

My best fall memories were that the summer harvest was done on our dairy farm, and the extra work could slow down for a bit. (although we milked more cows in the winter, fortunately I only had to milk on weekends) It was also time for Douglas Orchards to start pressing cider, and to get out our skis and skates out and start sharpening edges. Snow usually flew before Halloween (still does) and many years we trick-or-treated in snow boots.

The other thing about fall in Vermont is the leaves change color. My family would take a Saturday afternoon and bike a 9-mile loop through town to look at the trees. It always made mom so happy. Once again still does.

Fall is a great time!

My favorite moment is when we would rake all the leaves in the neighborhood and then jump in them all day.

my memories

My favorite memories is being able to spend time with my family growing up and my family now. Getting to feel that great cool weather, and going from mowing once a week, to once a month is nice too! especially when you use a push mower! lol. This is also the best time for me sports wise, Nfl going strong, baseball playoffs, and the nba starting up! All in all it is a great time of year especially with family times.

i remember caramel apple making and the wonderful mess we became!:cool:

Hiking the trails at Turkey Run State Park here in Indiana. Also looking forward to the leaves falling off a certain tree in my backyard so I have a better bead on the AMC3 Sat! Got to love the winter months for FTA!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts