Contest: What would you do... 4:2:2?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Several vendors are still site sponsors through the year end and we obtain site pre-approval for our contests. I anticipate that the contest process will change once there are no longer paid sponsorships. In this case, I suspect that this contest posting did not follow existing protocol for preapproval and Scott allowed it to proceed, but clarified the facts out of respect to the relationships and contracts with current site sponsors.

As Scott mentioned in his reply, we did ask him permission via PM a few months ago to have a contest by giving away a brand new AzBox miniMe American Edition and he was OK with it. This was before the announcement that paid sponsorships and the FTA support brand sub-forums were being phased out.

Due to the delayed launch of AzBox US along with the recent firmware updates we had to release, it took a bit longer than anticipated to hold our contest. However, we did recently confirm our intention along with the "What would you do... 4:2:2" name for the contest when we were a guest on the Satellite Nation radio show. A replay of this can be heard starting at the 52:50 mark from the following recording of the show: http://ke4est.podomatic.com/entry/2013-07-03T21_12_45-07_00

After the show, it was determined that starting the contest on the first day of the month would be best which is why it was launched on August 1st.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Last edited:
Indeed, a few months ago Pwrsurge PMed me and said he would like to do a giveaway, but that was the end of end, I never heard anything else.

I was surprised to see this contest pop up as other then the PM mentioned about I had no idea of anything. I didn't honestly know if I should let it (the contest) continue or delete the thread as spam. I decided to let it run but wanted to make it clear that this contest was not sanctioned by SatelliteGuys.

And there you have it. So enter if you want it, and don't if you don't. :D

Thank you for your consideration and kindness in allowing us to hold a contest for SateliteGuys.US members. Please note that it was not our intent to make it appear that our contest was sponsored by SatelliteGuys.US.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Last edited:
1 liter goes for about 12$ Canadian (or 11.20 US). PM me if you want a case!
Less than I expected. I'll have to verify local prices. ;)

I used to have a friend bring me cases of Habenero pepper sauce whenever he went to Mexico. :up?
Both red and green. ?

Use thin wall conduit for arms and you can buy feed horns on line for the band you want. The conduit flatten ends and drill a hole for bolt.

I have the arms, two of them are pretty much straight, the third one, I need to have my dad straighten it, he has better skills at that than I do.
I have plenty of LNB's, what I am missing is the mounting bracket for the LNB. I don't even know what it is supposed to look like. :/

Here's my contest entry.

90cm_GeoSatPRO_Dish.JPG

?

Sounds interesting...
Don't think I'll sing... unless everyone will have to invest in earplugs...
Will try a picture. My QSDS system will have to do for now. Picture will explain.
-C.View attachment 89827

Cool "porta-BUD" :cool:

Thank you for participating and good luck!

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

here is my contest entry, my
GeoSatpro 1.2 Meter KU OFFSET Dish.
My new setup for c-band, Beta-9 dish and some of the signals I am getting with it.
Regards.
Chewie

Attachments

• IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 272
  • IMAG0107.jpg
    IMAG0107.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMAG0126.jpg
    IMAG0126.jpg
    830.2 KB · Views: 237
Here is most of the dish farm, minus the 2 dishes i leave on the front of the house to torture my wife.

From left to right- perfect 10 7.5', primestar, unimesh 8', unimesh 10' with homemade lnb arms, next one i keep changing around so to test some super dish or primestar mods, last one is the dreaded Darkstar, after that is a Cat 953 track loader dish installer/remover, then a 1980 mercury bobcat with a hopped up 302 in it. Second row started is the beta 9.

The dishes on the beam are on slides that allow me to move them up or down on the beam. that has been handy.

?Kodaz

Attachments

• Kodaz dishfarm.jpg
    Kodaz dishfarm.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 248
Start a thread, and we'll talk about a number of options. :up

Seriously, most of the posts in this thread should be broken off into another thread. (my post included) There should only be contest entries and discussions of the prizes and entries not politics and drama.

Seriously, most of the posts in this thread should be broken off into another thread. (my post included) There should only be contest entries and discussions of the prizes and entries not politics and drama.

Agree totally with this.

Yeap if this xtra talk was happening with a home sponsor's "contest" it wouldn't be tolerated one bit and they would reported to a mod immediately and deleted.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Here is most of the dish farm, minus the 2 dishes i leave on the front of the house to torture my wife.

From left to right- perfect 10 7.5', primestar, unimesh 8', unimesh 10' with homemade lnb arms, next one i keep changing around so to test some super dish or primestar mods, last one is the dreaded Darkstar, after that is a Cat 953 track loader dish installer/remover, then a 1980 mercury bobcat with a hopped up 302 in it. Second row started is the beta 9.

The dishes on the beam are on slides that allow me to move them up or down on the beam. that has been handy.

?Kodaz

Well if I had a vote, it be this one. Bonus points for the Pinto in the background.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

need help on ftaW

Ray Dolby R.I.P.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)