Contest - Win a GEOSATpro 1.2M Dish, SL2 KU and CK1 LNBF with Bracket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here is my 1.2 Primestar. It is transplanted with the original cocrete chunk. Propped up with sticks to level the pole, it has been like this for 3 years as I haven't gotten around to planting new cement. Complete with armstrong mover (markings on the pole) and a custom lnb rain shield. While not extremely bizare I am entered in the contest.

Attachments

• 100_2216.JPG
    100_2216.JPG
    835 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_2217.JPG
    100_2217.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 148
  • 100_2218.JPG
    100_2218.JPG
    1,011.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_2219.JPG
    100_2219.JPG
    889.2 KB · Views: 154
The first time I saw this, I was amazed.
Satellite TV on a boat. Tie up the boat for the night, point dish using a powered antenna rotor, watch TV.

Attachments

• 70.jpg
    70.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 170
Well one of the strangest ive seen is a Channel Master mounted on its pole that was about 2 feet long. Then it was lagbotted to a fence post. But whatever works.

I think my favorite is when I see d* and e* dishes mounted on the peak of a roof, sometimes on the second story even when there is obviously no line of sight issues involved. Maybe the thought is to get the dish as close to the satellite as possible, the extra 20 feet up is bound to make a difference!:)

I've noticed in my travels a lot DN and Directtv dishes on top of old Primestar mounts. And there is a BUD afew miles away on a pole through the roof of the house. Got to start taking the camera with me.

When I was in North Carolina I came across a dog house with a Dish 500 installed on the roof. Lucky Dog! I took a phone picture but it doesn't look to good so I'll not post unless requested. I'll try again as it is a great shot!

I've used sticks, stones and zip-ties in several multi-lnbf setups. Surprisingly, they lasted until I removed them in the course of normal tinkering.

I do enjoy driving around with a fresh Cband find in my pickup. Anything under 10ft and I leave it in one piece. It'd be a nice way to tailgate.

last I checked folks still had a little bit of time. SatelliteAv is on Pacific Time so it might end in 3 hours ;)

When I lived in an apartment and first started messing around with sat dishes, I mounted my dish against my grill on my balcony with a bunch of bungee cords to hold it in place. I had a friend that would mount a dish on his motorcycle when camping. He said it worked great!

Besides being creative, the installation pictured below always puzzles me. Why did the installers make the effort to weld the mounting pipe in that fashion?

Attachments

• goosenecks.jpg
    goosenecks.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 165
In the early '80s my uncle had a satellite dish on what I think is called a track-and-wheel mount. It was a concrete pad with a circular track on it that was about the same diameter as the dish, and the dish sat on wheels that rode in the track. The track was perfectly horizontal so I can't remember whether it had a separate system for controlling elevation or whether it had some cantilevered mechanism that caused it to track the arc as it changed azimuth. I've never seen a mount like it since, although large telescopes often use a similar mechanism.

Contest is now closed.

Thanks to everyone that made this a fun thread to read. SatelliteGuys have some great stories to share!

We will have a staff member perform a random drawing from the entries and post a winner before close of business today.

:clap Congratulations DishDigger! :clap

You have won the Satellite AV contest including the following:
  • GEOSATpro 1.2M Offset dish
  • GEOSATpro SL2 Dual Output Standard Linear LNBF
  • GEOSATpro CK1 C/KU LNBF
  • GEOSATpro C-Band Adapter Clamp
  • Free Shipping

Thank you to everyone who entered the contest!

We are starting up the "Free Receiver of the Week Contest" again next week! We have got to get rid of the tons of receiver manufacturer samples and clear some warehouse shelves.

:D Eventually, every SatelliteGuy will be a contest winner!!! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)