Coolsat 6000 power on issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
When I power on my receiver I hardly ever get any channels coming in. The quality sits at 0 and I get a bad or scrambled channel message. I usually have to go into the satellite setup menu and then after a second both the quality and signal meter go to green and all is well. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I have the same thing happen occasionally with my Visionsat, but don't have a clue why it does it. :confused: When it does that I hit the TV/Radio button twice and that usually gets a picture.

have ya considered . . .

When I power on my receiver I hardly ever get any channels coming in.
Cold (drifted) LNB ?
Any difference between midnight and noon? What about winter and summer?
Any other receivers have this problem?
Do you have this problem on any other dishes/LNBs ?

In the FTA world, the diseqc switch turns on power to the chosen LNB.
In the Dish Network world, I believe all LNBs are powered all the time, even when the receivers are "off" (in stand-by mode).

On the other hand, I've seen users have trouble with leak-through on poor diseqc switches, when two LNBs were powered.
Ya just can't win. :cool:

I vote for dual output LNBs, followed by -powered- multiswitches, followed by diseqc switches. :eek:
But, that's not always doable.

I've only had this set up for a few days so I don't have experience with different weather conditions, temperatures, etc. There are no switches. Just a single LNB hooked directly to my receiver.

I have a similar issue on my VS ultra at times with a "locating signal " but I just turn the lnb off and back on and it goes away.I think I may have a bad connector or water getting into something.Signal is good just happens whenever it feels like it.

the only time I have that issue is when it gets really cold here in MN (like +10F or below)...then the LNB seems to short out. This is on my C-band setup

I would try and swap LNB and see if that changes it....otherwise check connections

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts