Costs For Returning Customer??

mattzane227

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 25, 2004
If I decided to leave Dish and go with Directv for 2 years until all the promo's ran out and then wanted to return to Dish, how much would it cost come back and get a 722?

When I moved over three years ago I did without pay TV for a few months. I had Dish prior to that. I then signed up for Directv but after my commitment was fulfilled I downgraded to the Family pak but it had little that I cared to watch. So I decided to go back with Dish knowing after their promo period I could stomach the AT120 price. Now Directv gave me some good incentives to stay, but they would only be temporary so I canceled them.

I then called my local Dish retailer. They took care of everything. I was able to get the new customer deal with only paying a small fee for installation. The retailer had his own promotion so he was able to credit that installation fee back in credits against my account. I've got a 722k with the eastern arc setup and free HD for life with the AT120 package.

So my advise is go through a local retailer so see what they can offer first. Be careful of the advertisements you get in the mail. They are usually not local and if you have a problem it could be more difficult to get resolved.

Now since you already have Dish, I would call them before I call Directv to see if they have any promotions that you may qualify to keep you as a customer. They "might" offer something that would be worth the hassle not to switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts