Crashed Openbox S10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BrettBardi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
Palmdale, CA
Anyone know where I can get my Openbox reflashed with the firmware. I was using the channel editor and when I loaded it, it crashed and won't boot up. Damn only have had it a couple of weeks and moved it to my C/KU and was trying to reprogram the Sats quicker. I'm located north of Los Angeles in Palmdale.
:(

Does the S10 have an RS232 port on the back ? If it does, you may be able to recover it yourself. If not, I don't have an answer. My Solomend 800 HAS an RS232 port and possibly could be recovered, depending .... :(

You need the firmware file, and a null modem cable, and the editor. Your should be able to setup the editor to load the firmware file into the stb. Once you have it set up, you start the transfer AND THEN you turn on the back switch of the receiver. Sometimes this works . It depends upon whether the boot loader is still intact in the stb. You may have to try it several times. Hopefully, you'll be lucky and it will load. :)
Good luck !!

I tried the video formats first. Everytime I tried one of the upgrades posted, it switched to the 50 hz. My work around was keep an RCA in the video, you can see the menu enough to change the video format back to 60. I have the backup file I made before I tried uploading the edited TP file. I have a usb to rs232 cable, my laptop doesn't have a rs232. I'll just have to see if I can see the box when it's connected. Tomorrow, it's late now. Thanks guys.

Well, I went and tried to upload the backup file, but I'm not sure if I'm using the correct loader. I get a file mismatch size and it looks like this. I can download the file from the box, but it doesn't want to send it back up.
Picture1.jpg

Well, I went and tried to upload the backup file, but I'm not sure if I'm using the correct loader. I get a file mismatch size and it looks like this. I can download the file from the box, but it doesn't want to send it back up.
View attachment 68763

If you PM me with your email address, I'll send you a different loader, which might help with recovery. The good news is that your stb downloads still, so it's got a brain! :) Remember that you need to start the transfer with the stb turned off at the switch. :)

Last edited:
I posted on another thread how to make a null modem cable, what about the factory default option, have you tried that. I have the early version of firmware ( S10-07012011.abs) which from reading is suppose to be more stable. If you want to try it just PM and I'll email it to you.

Thanks everyone, I got it up and running again. Thanks to Brent for the loader. I had a null cable already and it worked after I followed his instructions. Still a little trouble with the 22 k switching, but I've put it on a 2X1 diseqc and it seems to be doing better.

If you PM me with your email address, I'll send you a different loader, which might help with recovery. The good news is that your stb downloads still, so it's got a brain! :) Remember that you need to start the transfer with the stb turned off at the switch. :)

Brent
I PM you asking the loader for a Solomend that I have stuck in ON

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)