Custom Folder limit

Would you like to be able to create more than 5 custom folders using the Hopper?

• Total voters

#1_realist

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
I know I haven't been on in a while, but I have had a fair amount of time to get used to the functions of my Hopper. I am a little disappointed that I can only make 5 custom folders. I mean the Hopper has a lot more space than my 722k, but I was able to make 7 custom folders. It may not be a big deal for some, but I do like to micromanage my DVR stuff.

How many other people out there would like to have the feature of being able to create more than 5 custom folders?

I was thinking of one folder per destination EHD. As they come in or as generated place files/programs in their folder. Later come back and unload the folders to their EHD. I have 12 or so EHDs, so would need more.
-Ken

OMG! What? such a low custom folder limit? I had no idea as I have less than 5, for now! It is interesting to learn of so many limitations (like not being able to set our own downloads time) and irritants crop up as I use the Hopper or become aware of them on this forum. I would really like Dish to fix the custom folder for the Hopper to like the ViP's where custom folders are show, but all other recordings are also displayed in their Title Folders, just like the 722(K). I Love the Hopper, but it should be possible to get it to have the same advantages of the older ViP models.

The folders are meant to seperate different peoples recordings in the home so suzie and greg and bill all have different folders for their stuff and arent deleting each others recordings.

The folders are meant to seperate different peoples recordings in the home so suzie and greg and bill all have different folders for their stuff and arent deleting each others recordings.

I understand that this is a use for the 5 custom folders. However with my setup at home I have a single Hopper and two Joeys dedicated for family use, and the other Hopper is in my bedroom. I would like to be able to group specific shows into their own folders.

I like recording lots of movies, and TV shows.

If I want to seperate the movies by genre into their own folder, that takes all 5 folders. Leaving no custom folders for anything else.

I would like to have a folder for each movie genre and then be able to have a folder for Game of thrones, The Walking Dead, Archer and so on. This is just not possible with the current limit. I know it's not a huge deal, just a personal preference thing. I just wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)