CW in HD?

It's available in HD in some markets already. The rest is anyone's guess at this point. After this coming week, I think E* will have all the SD in every market up so I suspect getting HD in other markets will follow. That's just speculation though.

The reason its in HD in Denver is because Tribune owns them.

IIRC there was a agreement with Dish and Tribune to carry all the CW's Tribune owns in HD

Dish will over the next 3 years be required to carry every local in HD in markets it carries in HD (SD only markets can stay SD). It is a matter of time if your market has an HD CW before it is on Dish in HD. Unfortunately there is no way to tell if your market will be 2010 or 2013. One possible clue would be if the spot beam your market is carried on has room for all the locals in HD (i.e. you have 8 OTA HD channels, or fewer) and you do not share your spot beam transponder with other markets. Then at least Dish is ready to carry your market from a satellite point of view, but that does not mean they have the fiber backhaul capacity in place or an agreement with your station.

it really depends on which version of the CW your local station carries. here in the FT. Smith, AR market, KHBS carries the CW but it is only the SD version which i'm sure is a cheaper version. they have stated that they do not have plans anytime soon to carry the HD version. you might contact your local station and ask them which version they carry and if/when it will be available to dishnetwork.

Sub channels do not count. Dish only has to carry the main channel. An OTA HD full power station has must carry rights, subchannels and low power stations do not.

IF DISH would just carry the super stations in HD, like they do the sd supers, anyone could just add an hd Cw of their choice as well as the My network tv station in hd too. IF there is still a My Network tv station still in business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)