D* installer part 2 Grrrr!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry for your frustration, as an installer, I just have to say that there is a huge lack of communication within dish and for all employees

srs913 said:
Sorry for your frustration, as an installer, I just have to say that there is a huge lack of communication within dish and for all employees

Yea it seems there is no communication. I tell the CSR to put they will need a pole and bury cables and they don't showup with either. I think the problem is even bigger locally. Local news here had video of a DirecTV installer sleeping in the garage of a large home where he was suppose to be doing an install. I believe they are pulling drunks out of the French Quarter and slapping a DirecTV patch on them.

igator99 said:
Yea it seems there is no communication. I tell the CSR to put they will need a pole and bury cables and they don't showup with either. I think the problem is even bigger locally. Local news here had video of a DirecTV installer sleeping in the garage of a large home where he was suppose to be doing an install. I believe they are pulling drunks out of the French Quarter and slapping a DirecTV patch on them.
:shocked:eek: :D :devil::clap:yes

stevo/65 said:
:shocked:eek: :D :devil::clap:yes

Stevo do you know of anyone that is working in the New Orleans area that wants to make some money and do a Dish install? If you do private message me. I have Dish coming out Thursday but after three I don't put much faith in what is coming.

Sorry Igator99, I have no idea who is down in the new orleans area, I work with the Pennsylvania, New York territory. Can't really help you to much with that, although, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask away. I can tell you what should be and what should not.

igator are you now trying to get Dish Network installed?????? If so and you want Hi-def you will be getting a Dish1000. If you currently hace the PhaseIII DirecTV dish and are gettiong all of your programming then the Dish1000 should work where you're current Diush is. At least for core and local programming. If they say you don't have line of sight for the Hi-Def off of the 129 sat.. then ask about usong the 61.5 sat for the Hi-def. That satellite is to the East. Again... have you looked in the phone book for a local dealer or retailer or are you still dealing with out of toen people??

wobbie said:
igator are you now trying to get Dish Network installed?????? If so and you want Hi-def you will be getting a Dish1000. If you currently hace the PhaseIII DirecTV dish and are gettiong all of your programming then the Dish1000 should work where you're current Diush is. At least for core and local programming. If they say you don't have line of sight for the Hi-Def off of the 129 sat.. then ask about usong the 61.5 sat for the Hi-def. That satellite is to the East. Again... have you looked in the phone book for a local dealer or retailer or are you still dealing with out of toen people??

That is what I was thinking. I should be able to hit the 129 or 61.5. I believe that the other sats I already hit with direcTV DIsh is using on the 110 and 119. I called a local guy and he said it was doable but he wanted $750! Sorry I can't afford that.
When the guy from Dish comes out today I'm going to offer him $100 and help him dig the ditch and run the lines. I have a compass and I was in my back yard and seemed to me a mount on my chimmney might work but the darn thing would have to be at a almost vertical angle. Would that work?

igator99 said:
That is what I was thinking. I should be able to hit the 129 or 61.5. I believe that the other sats I already hit with direcTV DIsh is using on the 110 and 119. I called a local guy and he said it was doable but he wanted $750! Sorry I can't afford that.
QUOTE]
:shocked :shocked

Looks like he came by already then....
the 129 is on the dish 1000 and is a HD bird as well
Is also the same size as the current dish you have "the phase 3"
you can hit 129 as well... from your current setup.
also recommend cutting pole to half the size above roof line..:up

igator... if you need or want someone local to your area.. as I said ealrier I can post on a couple of other forums and try to find someone for you.

stevo/65 said:
igator99 said:
QUOTE]
:shocked :shocked

Looks like he came by already then....
the 129 is on the dish 1000 and is a HD bird as well
Is also the same size as the current dish you have "the phase 3"
you can hit 129 as well... from your current setup.
also recommend cutting pole to half the size above roof line..:up

Yep that is exactly what he looked like. I talked to another local installer and he told me my multisat dish (phase III) was the exact same size as the 1000 so it was just another lie from an installer. The first Dish guy said that the Dish sat would snap the pole in two.

All of the installers have told me that the 129 was blocked by a tree. I got excited when I heard about the 61.5 dish sat. I pulled out a compass and thought I had an unobstructed view of it but I saw I was reading the compass wrong. I still might be able to hit from the back of my house. I have the last installer coming out on July 6th. He said he has 20 years of experience doing this (I've heard that before) so if he is being honest either he can do it or it is impossible. If its impossible then that is that but as of yet not one has pulled out a dish. How can he cut that pole in half and still get a signal? Maxing out the elevation of the dish?

I'm posting two more pictures one from each side of the dish to get your opinions on the 129 or 61.5. Any of you guys seen that bad but funny movie "One Crazy Summer" with Demi Moore and John Cuzack? I feel like the guy in the bathrobe sitting around the radio chain smoking trying to a radio show contest. :)

Attachments

• 129 or 61.5.JPG
    129 or 61.5.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 113
  • 129 or 61.5 (1).JPG
    129 or 61.5 (1).JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 120
wobbie said:
igator... if you need or want someone local to your area.. as I said ealrier I can post on a couple of other forums and try to find someone for you.

I appreciate it but if the guy on July 6th says he can't do it I'm folding. I've spent one month trying to upgrade and that's enough. It is still a bit like the wild west around here especially in this industry. There is way to much demand and companies are getting people with little motivation and experience to do the installs. I will wait until
things calm down and be happy with my current setup and OTA HD.

igator99 said:
stevo/65 said:
Yep that is exactly what he looked like. I talked to another local installer and he told me my multisat dish (phase III) was the exact same size as the 1000 so it was just another lie from an installer. The first Dish guy said that the Dish sat would snap the pole in two.

All of the installers have told me that the 129 was blocked by a tree. I got excited when I heard about the 61.5 dish sat. I pulled out a compass and thought I had an unobstructed view of it but I saw I was reading the compass wrong. I still might be able to hit from the back of my house. I have the last installer coming out on July 6th. He said he has 20 years of experience doing this (I've heard that before) so if he is being honest either he can do it or it is impossible. If its impossible then that is that but as of yet not one has pulled out a dish. How can he cut that pole in half and still get a signal? Maxing out the elevation of the dish?

I'm posting two more pictures one from each side of the dish to get your opinions on the 129 or 61.5. Any of you guys seen that bad but funny movie "One Crazy Summer" with Demi Moore and John Cuzack? I feel like the guy in the bathrobe sitting around the radio chain smoking trying to a radio show contest. :)

you can still hit the 129 with current set up
doubt the 61.5 will hit

stevo/65 said:
igator99 said:
you can still hit the 129 with current set up
doubt the 61.5 will hit

Hey Stevo how much would it cost me to fly you out to New Orleans and do a custom install job? Let me guess....1 million dollars! :D

Looking at the photos I would have to agree with Stevo...... no shot at the 61.5 but looks as though the 129 would be there. And as mentioned earlier.. there is always the possibilty of a two dish system... your current location for 110/119 and another at 61.5 or 129 if 61.5 isn't possible.

wobbie said:
Looking at the photos I would have to agree with Stevo...... no shot at the 61.5 but looks as though the 129 would be there. And as mentioned earlier.. there is always the possibilty of a two dish system... your current location for 110/119 and another at 61.5 or 129 if 61.5 isn't possible.

Isn't the 129 DOA in my area? I saw on a thread where they said in the north and south the signal was dying.

I have'nt heard anything about 129 problems in the south or north. My understanding is that most people on the East coast are using 61.5

You Have Some Major Problems With Upgrade...

First off, I would have never installed your satellite on a pole of that length. Windsheer alone will degrade your signal. You know that pole is swaying on windy days. I won't install a system that's only going to get a half ass signal. Another issue is that the AT9 1st generation dish is almost 40 lbs in weight! No way an sane tech would put it on a pole that high even if it were the correct diameter (which by the way yours isn't. the AT9 requires a wider diameter pole than the 3 LNB dish). The second generation AT9 dish has just come out which is slightly bigger than the 3 LNB dish, but again a pole that high up isn't an option forget the trees for the moment.
Now other techs on this board are telling it can be done on a pole on your property. Based on just pictures alone, I would say no. You get the stabilty for your AT9 dish with a pole in the ground that is no more than 5' high. Looking at your situation, a tech would use a Sunuto inclinometer and tell you EXACTLY where each satellite signal is coming from. In Virginia where I am a installer for Ironwood (HSP provider bv the way) we have to deal with people that are buried in trees just like yourself. I refuse to give a customer false hope and tell them they "might" get a signal. When I do an install, I want them to get QUALITY service for years to come not months or weeks (which appears to be the case with your set up). Plus I don't want a repeat service call. Techs for Ironwood don't get paid for repeat service calls. I really do hope you find an answer, but if you get another tech out there, during his site survey have him show not only the direction (azimuth) the signal is coming each satellite, but the elevation too. That way you know specifically which trees you will have to deal on the location you are looking to relocate your dish with before any installation is done.

gwlashier said:
First off, I would have never installed your satellite on a pole of that length. Windsheer alone will degrade your signal. You know that pole is swaying on windy days. I won't install a system that's only going to get a half ass signal. Another issue is that the AT9 1st generation dish is almost 40 lbs in weight! No way an sane tech would put it on a pole that high even if it were the correct diameter (which by the way yours isn't. the AT9 requires a wider diameter pole than the 3 LNB dish). The second generation AT9 dish has just come out which is slightly bigger than the 3 LNB dish, but again a pole that high up isn't an option forget the trees for the moment.<

Perhaps you haven't read this entire thread. That pole mount has been working for three years. It survived hurricane Katrina! A big pine tree fell in my yard but the DirecTV setup I did survived without a scratch. As soon as I had power I had TV. From what I gathered from the various techs my current setup will not work with the big AT9. One of the older installers told me that a pole mount would probably work we set a date for it to be done and guess what they send another kid out here that wouldn't do it. That is when I started to get mad.

> Now other techs on this board are telling it can be done on a pole on your property. Based on just pictures alone, I would say no. You get the stabilty for your AT9 dish with a pole in the ground that is no more than 5' high. Looking at your situation, a tech would use a Sunuto inclinometer and tell you EXACTLY where each satellite signal is coming from. In Virginia where I am a installer for Ironwood (HSP provider bv the way) we have to deal with people that are buried in trees just like yourself. I refuse to give a customer false hope and tell them they "might" get a signal. When I do an install, I want them to get QUALITY service for years to come not months or weeks (which appears to be the case with your set up). Plus I don't want a repeat service call. Techs for Ironwood don't get paid for repeat service calls. I really do hope you find an answer, but if you get another tech out there, during his site survey have him show not only the direction (azimuth) the signal is coming each satellite, but the elevation too. That way you know specifically which trees you will have to deal on the location you are looking to relocate your dish with before any installation is done.
<

I think those pictures can be misleading. You have to remember I took them at ground level it looks like that pole is reaching into the heavens. It is about six feet from where my roof starts. I agree with you about having a quality install. My job obviously was since it has survived for over three years and I get mid 90's signal strength from the three sats I hit. Right now around here there is extremely high demand so there is no incentive for them to fool around for three hours and bury cables etc... it is much easier to just go on to the next job. I have my last tech coming out tomorrow. He suppose to an old vet and I explained everything to him. If he says no way then I will just keep my current setup and use my OTA for HD. I'm very upset about being lied to by the Bruister tech and the pole mount was never even attempted. I've been with DirecTV since 1998 but if the Dish tech can do the install I'm a gone pecan. If he says it is impossible I will stay with DirecTV until the trees finally do me in or if my local cable company offers a better HD package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts