Detroit MPEG4 HD Now Online!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
charper1 said:
I think what it really boils down to, is a matter of respect to the man running the board and getting out there to dig up what he can to pass it along to us. So why not just PLEASE RESPECT the requests that are made; regardless, as not to burn any bridges he may have built.

No, I dont think thats what it boils down to at all..

It boils down to the fact that this is a public mesage board, and that very few people are willing to take orders from a stranger on a message board...

No disprespect to Scott at all, its just plain ol common sense..

guffy1 said:
No, I dont think thats what it boils down to at all..

It boils down to the fact that this is a public mesage board, and that very few people are willing to take orders from a stranger on a message board...

No disprespect to Scott at all, its just plain ol common sense..

It is not common sense, it is all too common disrespect for those trying to help.

Thanks, Neutron!! Now people CAN call Directv but say they saw it in the paper!!!!! And GO STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

* Update *

There are two ways to get the upgrade here in Detroit right now:

• Buy H20 receiver from the store, 5-LNB from D*

ABC Warehouse, Best Buy, Circuit City etc., in Detroit area have the H20 receivers in stock. The ABC Warehouse nearest me in Dearborn was getting in 5 this evening and Best Buy has them on the shelves. They are selling them for $199 with a $199 rebate from D* when they are activated. Once you buy the receiver from them, the store will schedule the $49.95 dish installation for you.

• From D*

D* has the new H20 receivers and 5-LNB dishes in for setup in the metro Detroit area. My call to them this morning yielded nothing but confusion on their part. My call to them after my visit to ABC Warehouse this afternoon brought results.

The situation is this: If you buy the H20 and 5-LNB dish from D*, it is $249.95. Once activated, they send you a $200 rebate form. Bottom line as mentioned elsewhere in these forums is that the final cost is $49.95 to install.

I am scheduled for this Saturday morning.

Why did I jump on this so quickly? To be honest, its because my OTA antenna isn't the most reliable. It is for most of the stations, but not all. I'd much rather have the Big 4 networks through the dish - Fox, ABC, CBS, NBC. Local PBS, UPN, WB HD offerings will still be through the OTA. All of which I get in great with the antenna, so it won't be an issue for me.

Thank you to Scott and Robert for all of their fine information. As they mentioned, the equipment is listed for sale in the paper, so the word is out.

-Darren (proc)

Cool, so Detroit has the HD locals first. Only 90+ more cities to go and my little cow town will get them too :(. I turn 33 on Thursday. I hope I live to see the HD locals. ;)

I'm with you kbbohip. I live in DMA 112. If I'm lucky, I'll see HD locals by end of 2007 but I figure it's going to be a lot longer than that.

So, for those who HAVE been upgraded, what channels are you now receiving? Is it OTA locals only, via sat? Or, are you also receiving regional sports channels like Fox Sports (in HD) or other HD channels?

Just an update on my upgrade I am looking at monday or tuesday of next week, the local company here does not have saturday hours :(
I am also doing the upgrade becouse my OTA is not the greatest, and it looks kind of weird having rabit ears near all this other Hi-Tech stuff!!!

My cost is going to be 49.95

Jason

dturturro, I believe that people are only receiving the big 4 (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) in HD. The regional sports networks aren't included, and I haven't heard or seen much in the rumor mills about them being on anytime soon.

Idiot

guffy1 said:
Spare me the sob story..please..

Here is common sense

Understanding that information will cease to flow if we do not respect the wishes of those that pass it on.
People are trying to be helpful. There is a symbionic relationship that involves respecting the wishes of the informed. I do not expect some to understand, and that is usually the reason for the demise of a good forum.
It is why I avoid AVS.

Kentstater72 said:
Here is common sense

Understanding that information will cease to flow if we do not respect the wishes of those that pass it on.
People are trying to be helpful. There is a symbionic relationship that involves respecting the wishes of the informed. I do not expect some to understand, and that is usually the reason for the demise of a good forum.
It is why I avoid AVS.

No one cares about your self righteous crap pal..give it up

Existing and new subs are calling Directv and getting install dates as we speak..

My buddy, an existing sub, has an install set up for Friday..

He didnt get it by being a self righteous geek, he go it by picking up the phone and calling D*...

Hey guys, I just joined to give you this info. I purchased the H20 receiver at Best buy tonight, and when I checked out, there was the $200 rebate form that I expected. There was also a $50 off instant rebate, and installation was only $21.15, so I will actually make about $30 on the deal.

The system is being installed on Saturday morning.

that's amazing how the original D* HD boxes were around $300 out of pocket, now you can be paid to get a brand spanking new MPEG4 HD receiver, what a bargain. D* must be getting some mad subsidations to do this

Proc said:
* Update *

There are two ways to get the upgrade here in Detroit right now:

• Buy H20 receiver from the store, 5-LNB from D*

• From D*

-Darren (proc)

• So is the official line there will be no self-installs for the dish? seems like a logistical nightmare to have to schedule installers for all their HD customers. Quite frankly, I don't want to have to pay some guy 50 bux to install a dish that I am quite capable of installing. plus, some of those installers are hacks. I've seen some of their shoddy work. Don't want that at my house. I could see the position of no self-installs in a test area, not that many people, but not for their entire nationwide market. Any one with ideas or info?

Thanks
    JayT

Jayt1989 said:
So is the official line there will be no self-installs for the dish? seems like a logistical nightmare to have to schedule installers for all their HD customers. Quite frankly, I don't want to have to pay some guy 50 bux to install a dish that I am quite capable of installing. plus, some of those installers are hacks. I've seen some of their shoddy work. Don't want that at my house. I could see the position of no self-installs in a test area, not that many people, but not for their entire nationwide market. Any one with ideas or info?

Thanks
JayT

Same as some installers. Some subs don't know what the hell they are doing. Screw it up and then call D* to get somebody to fix it for free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.