Did anyone have problems with 6.10 download?

got the update but i do not see the transparent PG...still the same one maybe will get another update???lots of rain during the night and maybe it interuptrd the download????

Update - After three warm reboots and three cold reboots I gave up, the box appeared dead. I went away for about 20 minutes and when I came back I had a red dish on the front of the box. I was receiving channels with a red dish indicator, I then checked the S/W version - still 5.68 but it showed that I was targeted for 1.10. Hmmm. So I guess that means I'll get it tonight?

If anyone else has a dead box I'd unplug/replug then let it sit for a while. Maybe it will come back to life like mine. Strange stuff...

electr0n said:
Update - ...and when I came back I had a red dish on the front of the box. I was receiving channels with a red dish indicator, I then checked the S/W version - still 5.68 but it showed that I was targeted for 1.10.

This is very similar to my experience (posted earlier in this thread), I believe that the download was attempted and failed, most likely weather related. I too hope that since I am now targeted, I'll get it soon.

jgantert said:
Looks like I may have gotten the update last night. Went to turn on the Voom box this morning, and nothing. Did a soft reset and it comes up with some junk and a counter in the upper right. I'm assuming it's actually doing the download now... I'll check back this afternoon and see what happens.

-John

Update: Got the new S/W. Looks like it took 1.5 hours to download it, tho. But atleast I got it. Lots of storms and heavy rain last night and this morning probably slowed the download quite a bit.

Got the download on one stb and it did just fine . But the other stb was locked up and had to do the unplug thing on it to get it to work .This one show the old version still on it .

Still version 5.68, but now I'm targeted for 1.10. I left my box on and this morning it had no picture and a red Sat on the front. Tried turning off and on, nothing. Did soft reboot and got it back.

1/2 Upgraded

Apparently one of my boxes was upgraded last night and the other is marked with the 1.10 targeted.

Have seen no ill effects on the upgraded box but will not be able to really check it out for several hours.

Good to see things working!!!

I had originally voted that I had not received the upgrade yet.

Last night I did receive it. I was curious, so at 2:05 AM I turned on my TV and watched a bunch of cool numbers jump up and down. The whole process took a little over 16 minutes, at least that is what the timer in the upper right showed just before the STB rebooted. There were 24 major segments to the software, 2 of which were rejected or skipped on the first attempt, but on the second pass they were downloaded quickly and then the box rebooted.

I am happy with the new functionality now. I did a channel scan and saw that I have several sources that are just a little too weak to lock. I don't know whether I should call VOOM and ask for an OTA antenna upgrade or just go out and buy a good one myself.

I originally voted I did not have 6.10 yet (yesterday)... Now I do... Got it over night... Been playing around with it and first thought I didn't get all of it in the download... When I tried to go into the installation menu, I got the same old page... Nothing new here... I clicked on #1 installation wizard and lost everything... I rebooted and after a few minutes started over... same thing happened... over and over.... Ready to call one of those brain surgeons, eeerrr, I mean csr's... On the phone waiting and I remembered when I got the install back in october the installer (was on his first install) had this same problem and after a half hour or so we figured out to put it on the coax output and we could see the picture... Hung the phone up before anyone answered and went to the bedroom to check the tv hooked to the coax output... And there it was... sign of relief... Now, am I the only one who can't get to the installation setup page with the HDTV input (on back of monitor)... I'm not using the component/svideo input or the DVI input, so haven't tried to see if they work... also, I have to reboot to get my HDTV input to start working after I go into the installation wizard... curious to know if anyone else has this problem... I don't think this is really a new problem, cause it happened at original installation, since I haven't been going into the installation wizard, I haven't noticed it... by the way the channel scanner works good, only it captured my channels at there true dtv channel and I don't think I'll get any channel info on them (probably only mapped channels)... only time will tell...

This getting terrible. I already had to have my STB replaced during last week's update. Today I woke up and about every 15secs to a min the picture distorts and pixilates similar to when the channel is first selected from the guide. It seems to be doing this on all channels.

Here are the settings I have.

Secure Firmware version V16
HAL Version 00.06.10
Current Software Version V00.01.10

I would like to know where some of you are finding information about download scheduling etc. I am a bit confused.

Please help.

Thanks, moltensilver

moltensilver said:
This getting terrible. I already had to have my STB replaced during last week's update. Today I woke up and about every 15secs to a min the picture distorts and pixilates similar to when the channel is first selected from the guide. It seems to be doing this on all channels.

Here are the settings I have.

Secure Firmware version V16
HAL Version 00.06.10
Current Software Version V00.01.10

I would like to know where some of you are finding information about download scheduling etc. I am a bit confused.

Please help.

Thanks, moltensilver

Are you still getting the same right now?

I received the download on Wed, 7/27. When I woke up at 7:00 AM, the box was frozen with no video and the green satellite indicator on. A soft reboot brought it back. I was able to scan OTA and add the missing channels. I haven't checked this night if I have guide.

What to do if the box is locked up

If your STB is locked up, try this:

1. SOFT REBOOT: Press and hold the power button on the STB itself for 10 seconds. The amber lights will start blinking. Wait a few minutes. If the screen is dark and the satellite icon is off, press the power button once to turn the STB on.

2. HARD REBOOT: Unplug the STB for 10 seconds and plug it in again. Wait a few minutes. If the screen is black, press the the power button once to turn the STB on.

3. If the box is still not responding after multiple reboots, call VOOM and request a replacement.​

Software/Firmware update received. Woke up at 2:11 AM due to Scarlett the dog having to go outside. Noticed that the STB was being updated. Went back to bed after getting her back inside, then got paged at 3:45 AM due to a problem at work. Noticed the updating was done. Dealt with the problem at work, then turned on the TV and scanned the locals. Everything is running smoothly at 5:46 AM.

I originally voted "Not yet" but I got the download at 2:38am Wednesday. Could someone with the power to do it change my vote. Minus 1 for Not Yet, Plus one for Got it and all is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts