Difference in Perception

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ira Lacher

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 9, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
It seems, from having subscribed to both satellite services (I am currently with DirecTV after about 9 years with DISH) that there is a difference about why some channels or networks are or are not part of the lineup.

With DirecTV, until recently with the Versus kerfuffle, it seems that DirecTV would not air a channel because it did not have the capability to do this (satellite capacity or bandwith availability). Whereas with DISH, it seems that they will not air channels because they choose not to (GOL TV, the YES Network, MLB Network).

Comments?

Seems to be an accurate interpretation of the two companies; I like Versus but my Comcast friend admits they're paying a little retribution for some of the past squabbles involving other contracts (Like DTV rubbing their noses in the NFL channel fiasco a few years back). I don't remember the exact number or if it even involved the same tier wars the cable providers went through but if it was $4+ for Versus per month per sub I can see DTV's point; just feel sorry for the hockey fans as always (and if it continues college football in some areas).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts