Digicipher II - Unscrambled channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
After talking with a few people, i think i am going to purchase a commercial receiver.. Then i don't have to worry about mapping. They are dirt cheap, even cheaper than the 4DTV's. I've seen a few for under 40.oo including shipping - I know I'm addicted to this as a hobby, as it really has nothing to do whether or not ill actually watch the channel, but more about just pulling something in that is obscure and/or outside the box.

Reactions: cee and olliec420
After talking with a few people, i think i am going to purchase a commercial receiver.. Then i don't have to worry about mapping. They are dirt cheap, even cheaper than the 4DTV's. I've seen a few for under 40.oo including shipping - I know I'm addicted to this as a hobby, as it really has nothing to do whether or not ill actually watch the channel, but more about just pulling something in that is obscure and/or outside the box.

You're in real trouble now. LOL. The hobby "machinations" are certainly addicting. Watching TV is OK, BUT finding that missing or elusive channel is more so.

I have been watching this thread and it has me curious.. I have a friend who works in the broadcast industry and has a "spare" dsr 4400 that I might be able to get my hands on. What kind of things come on in FP mode? I have a 10' unimesh setup for c-band on FTA but never considered adding a dsr to my lineup.

Okay, i ordered the Commercial Digicipher II receiver. I also ordered a BNC cable to connect the video.
I'll keep you apprised.

$36.oo including shipping. :bounce

screenshot.1487532952.jpg

screenshot.1487532918.jpg

What model receiver did you buy? The digitrans 7100 and 7150 work well for figuring out maps. Thats how I edited my maps. The DSR units are much more user friendly.

I don't even like watching tv. But I do like being able receive stuff! I enjoy finding the cool feed as well. :biggrin

I have been watching this thread and it has me curious.. I have a friend who works in the broadcast industry and has a "spare" dsr 4400 that I might be able to get my hands on. What kind of things come on in FP mode? I have a 10' unimesh setup for c-band on FTA but never considered adding a dsr to my lineup.

I would also like to know what comes on FP mode, I though DCII was fninished?

Reactions: iBoston
Hello Guys
I just got a General Instrument 4DTV-920, would this work.
Please let me know.
Regards.
Tunder

From the impression i got, you cannot receive all the channels without Mapping the 4DTV. I didn't want to buy the 4DTV and then spend another $65.oo on top of that. But, you might ask someone what you can get without mapping the device. Being i didn't go the 4DTV route, I didn't dig too deep into it.

P.S. I posted in the 'Whats up there' section all the channels i am thus far getting.

I dusted off my old OTA DVR and hooked it in-line to my DSR DCII receiver. I can now time-shift and record channels on that DCII receiver!

I also had to put a power blocker in-line, as the DSR did not like turning on when there was voltage in-line.

There may be a setting to shut off lnb power on that receiver. That was how I always used mine. I would feed power from the loop out on my other receiver to it.

There may be a setting to shut off lnb power on that receiver. That was how I always used mine. I would feed power from the loop out on my other receiver to it.

Some of the commercial DSR's have that option. This unit does not power the coaxial, and doesn't like power being in the coaxial. Right now i have a power blocking coaxial splitter that is doing the job. I ordered a coaxial DC blocker that's in the mail..

Reactions: hank123
Some of the commercial DSR's have that option. This unit does not power the coaxial, and doesn't like power being in the coaxial. Right now i have a power blocking coaxial splitter that is doing the job. I ordered a coaxial DC blocker that's in the mail..
Okay, i ordered the Commercial Digicipher II receiver. I also ordered a BNC cable to connect the video.
I'll keep you apprised.

$36.oo including shipping. :bounce

View attachment 124544

View attachment 124545 .
Hello, I BOSTON,
I have access to that same receiver. Could you please direct me to where you purchased that bnc cable.
Thank you very much.
Elsguy

iBoston,

You peaked my interest and I just picked up this used GENERAL INSTRUMENT DSR-4810 RECEIVER on ebay for $39.00 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENERAL-INS...800539?hash=item33c97ddadb:g:O24AAOSwhlZYtFif

I would be willing to spend some time scanning for Digicipher channels and add them to the whats up there section you started. As far as the channels you picked up would just slave this to my primary FTA receiver through the loop connector and use a DC block filter correct? Would I have to manually enter the satellite info into the receiver or is there some kind of a blind scan option or a way to copy a file into the receiver? I can hit most of the Arc with my C-band dish and I also have a small KU dish with several different receivers I could use.

I already have the BNC to to RCA adapter but this is just for video only correct? What connector is used for audio? I understand I have a different model than you - GENERAL INSTRUMENT DSR-4810 RECEIVER but would be willing to compare notes and give it a shot.. Last week I saw on ebay a Motorola DSR 6100 Receiver/Transcoder reciever for $300.00. Would you know if this more modern commercial Receiver which is also a Transcoder help pick up any extra channels? Like you and other Satellite Guys I don't really watch alot of TV but spend my time working on being able to receive stuff.

If you can find the specs on your DSR, I'd like to see that. Yea, you have to enter everything in manually. On my receiver, you can save 3 settings. A/B and C. So, i use that for the 3 most common channels i watch. Otherwise, its not that big of a deal, i enter in the frequency, the VCT number and the channel #. There is NO blind scan. Some models make it easier to find the active VCT's and active channel numbers.. My model does not have that option. I do know from another fellow that the DSR-4410 does have that auto ability.

As for slaving you were right on. That's exactly how i am setup. I have the DSR hooked on the LOOP out of my primary receiver. I move to the satellite of the DCII channel i want, and i select a matching Horizontal/Vertical channel on the primary receiver. So, if the channel i want on DCII is vertical, i need to turn to a vertical channel on the primary receiver. I then enter the settings in the DCII and it will show a green light when its got the channel and wala. and yes, the DC block is between the loop out of the primary receiver, and the DSR. - My model didn't like turning on when their was any DC current.

The BNC is only for video. The audio is those cut off wires on the picture of your ebay listing. You just need a small flat head screw driver to put in new wires. You cut off one end of left channel right channel RCA cables and wire them into the DSR and plug the other end (RCA) into your left right channels of your receiver/tv.

You could also buy something like this if you don't want to cut up an RCA cable :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222139854208?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Yea, the newer DCII receivers handle MPEG4 HD channels, and are A LOT more expensive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.