Digital Deluxe Package

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am looking at my guide now and many are gone. Some are still there. First noted that about 2 days ago.

This is due to a new firmware upgrade Dish Network released. You can go into the menu to get the SD versions of these channels back into the guide.

yeah Dish switched that so if there is a HD channel that you sub to the SD one is hidden. Directv does the same thing which is so nice...doesnt clutter up the guide :)

I just logged into DirecTV's website to see if I could find a less expense channel package for my parent's who currently pay $70.99 for Choice Ultimate without any HD channels. I was shocked to see that DirecTV's packages begin at $60. :eek: This is roughly $10 more than what I currently pay for the DN Welcome Package and H2H Digital Deluxe Package combined.

I'm going to see if I can switch my parents to DirecTV's Family Package in order to save them some money.

you could also switch them to Select which has more cable based channels for $45 a month
Check the DIrectv forum...its a sticky at the top of the page

Discovered this morning that the Welcome Package includes "TV Guide" and "INSP" channels. TV Guide airs several TV shows / movies and INSP airs several retro shows such as The Waltons, Our House and Highway to Heaven. What a great value for only $14.99 a month.

Did you add the free public interest package? It gives you these channels included (list may not be 100% current)
265-CCTV9
267-CTN
264-Kids/Teen TV
210-CSpan
213-NASA
260-TBN
261-EWTN
258-Church
257-Sonlife
9393-3ABN
9400-Baby TV
9401-HITN
9402-Health Human Svcs
9403-BYU TV
9405-Pentagon
9406-Classic Arts
9407-Colours
9410-Link
9412-UCTV
9413-Almavision
9414-V-Me
9415-Free Speech TV

Did you add the free public interest package? It gives you these channels included (list may not be 100% current)
265-CCTV9
267-CTN
264-Kids/Teen TV
210-CSpan
213-NASA
260-TBN
261-EWTN
258-Church
257-Sonlife
9393-3ABN
9400-Baby TV
9401-HITN
9402-Health Human Svcs
9403-BYU TV
9405-Pentagon
9406-Classic Arts
9407-Colours
9410-Link
9412-UCTV
9413-Almavision
9414-V-Me
9415-Free Speech TV

I just checked and I do receive these public interest channels which makes the Welcome Package an even better deal. I'm very happy with the Dish Network and H2H packages we are subscribing to.

I just checked and I do receive these public interest channels which makes the Welcome Package an even better deal. I'm very happy with the Dish Network and H2H packages we are subscribing to.

so they do throw them in too. Use to be you had to ask for it. I know when I had the family pack (this was pre welcome pack) I had to call to add it and they gave me a warning that "some programs or channels may show programs that are not family friendly" before they added it :)

This is due to a new firmware upgrade Dish Network released. You can go into the menu to get the SD versions of these channels back into the guide.

Right, did what you said and found it. Thanks. Suspect they are planning major revisions soon.

Asket said:
Right, did what you said and found it. Thanks. Suspect they are planning major revisions soon.

Got this too, noticed *some* of the SD channels that I get in HD had been removed from my guide and I had to enable them in Preferences.

Well I've had the Digital Deluxe Package now for 13 days and I'm very happy with it. However, during the last 13 days my wife and daughter never even turned on the receiver once even though I showed them how to operate it and printed a channel guide. Instead they turn on Dish Network and watch programming available within the Welcome Package.

When I have on H2H my wife seems interested in the programming on channels such as Halogen, National Geographic, OWN, Bravo, GSN, etc and watches with me, but yet refuses to turn on H2H and watch when I'm not around. Sadly, I could cancel H2H and my wife and daughter wouldn't care one bit.

Is anyone else experiencing this with their family?

They probably feel uncomfortable with operating or its your toy and are more comfortable with the pizza box they use daily. Tell them it ain't gonna bite them, its there for the whole family to enjoy not just daddy's toy.

One thing you did find out is that you didn't need the high end pkg from pizza that they kept wanting you to keep. I wonder if you canned Dish if they would come around faster?

Well I've had the Digital Deluxe Package now for 13 days and I'm very happy with it. However, during the last 13 days my wife and daughter never even turned on the receiver once even though I showed them how to operate it and printed a channel guide. Instead they turn on Dish Network and watch programming available within the Welcome Package.

Not in this household - the wife watches H2H more than Pizza!

I made it easy for her to use with a remote that runs a macro to switch the TV to the right input. She gets on very well with it, even the time bug with the Guide!

What you need now is an outage on Pizza for a day or so, that'll bring 'em round!

One thing you did find out is that you didn't need the high end pkg from pizza that they kept wanting you to keep.

We actually are finding "more" programming that we like to watch having "less" channels. Our daughter threw a little fit when she found out that we no longer receive "ABC Family" and she couldn't watch "Pretty Little Liars", but once I told her she could watch it on Hulu she was ok.

Kids don't understand what we do for them giving them all these special little pleasures that we never had. Heck when I grew up we watched OTA and if the parents wanted the family tv we lost the screen to them. It costs money to support what the kids today take for granted. In todays economy we all have to give up something. Honestly a bit of hardship is good (make the kids turn out better).

With the internet there are many options we never had. I was happy to have my bike and baseball glove :) I'm satisfied with the family pack on Direct but lately thinking of dumping pizza all together when the contract ends. H2H & FTA & OTA can give quite a bit.

Kids don't understand what we do for them giving them all these special little pleasures that we never had. Heck when I grew up we watched OTA and if the parents wanted the family tv we lost the screen to them. It costs money to support what the kids today take for granted. In todays economy we all have to give up something. Honestly a bit of hardship is good (make the kids turn out better).

And our parents said the same thing :D

Last edited by a moderator:

My wife is glued to Netflix most of the time!

Now they are having a price increase but she still wants the streaming part of it.

Currently I do not have a package on my 4DTV! :(

I have been working a lot and I tend to fall asleep when I hit the couch.

She says that I fall asleep quite well to the free stuff so why should we spend more

money when I fall asleep whenever the TV is on! :eek:

Dishman Dan said:
My wife is glued to Netflix most of the time!

Now they are having a price increase but she still wants the streaming part of it.

Currently I do not have a package on my 4DTV! :(

I have been working a lot and I tend to fall asleep when I hit the couch.

She says that I fall asleep quite well to the free stuff so why should we spend more

money when I fall asleep whenever the TV is on! :eek:

LOL!

Last night I turned on RFD and watched "Hee Haw" with my wife at 7PM via H2H. I don't know what it is with H2H, but the colors and picture just "pop" compared to our Dish Network and OTA channels. Dish Network can keep their free HD for life which are sometimes stretched or have a 4x3 picture with banners on the side. I prefer my SD H2H channels with awesome picture quality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts