DirecTV CEO: NFL deal for the long haul

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DirecTV CEO calls potential Dish merger "pro-consumer" http://www.cnbc.com/id/101175802?__...yahoo&doc=101175802|DirecTV CEO: Potential Di Dish-DirecTV merger? Hold your horses (video) http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?play=1&video=3000215293

I think the possibility is very real. It certainly feels like it could happen, and if it does happen you want DirecTV buying Dish. DirecTV is all about quality. Also think of the benefits of combing slots, and getting rid of duplicate programming between slots. Could you imagine, 99,101,103,110,119,129 all on one dish. You could do every station in HD and every cable channel in HD with all of that bandwidth on a national scale. I can tell you there is allot of tightening around the belt happening at DirecTV, and that usually happens before a merger or when the bean counters are prepping the books for one. DirecTV now has a different feel than what it did 3 years ago in many ways.

this worked so well with xm/sirius

The problem with that is that Sirius has sh**** leadership. The business decisions that the leadership made is what has lead to the sh**** product SiriusXM has become. I don't see that happening with a Dish Direct merger if Directv bought out Dish. The key is having good leadership from the top down.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with that is that Sirius has sh**** leadership. The business decisions that the leadership made is what has lead to the sh**** product SiriusXM has become. I don't see that happening with a Dish Direct merger if Directv bought out Dish. The key is having good leadership from the top down.

but what if Charlie ran things....................

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no way in a billion years that Dish and DirecTV would be allowed to merge under the current administration. They didn't allow AT&T and T-Mobile, they won't allow Dish and DirecTV. FiOS and U-Verse are not widespread enough to be a new competitor to offset the loss of an option.

I say Mike White runs the Programming side and he negotatiates the Programming Contracts and Charlie runs the Technical side of things!! :D ;) :)

I don't know about that, DIRECTV has actually had more disputes and pull-downs then DISH did this year.

If I didn't know better I would say Charlie and Mike are related somehow. :D They do think an awfully lot alike.

I say Mike White runs the Programming side and he negotatiates the Programming Contracts and Charlie runs the Technical side of things!! :D ;) :)

don't know about that
they can both contribute to tech
don't wanna give up 5 tuners for 3

Your one of the few. Even DIRECTV in their own research has found that most people with Genies dont even use 3 tuners.

We are power users I guess. :D :D

most likely, i think i use 4 alot, 5 very seldom, but i have some stuff on the hr24 too

But they make money

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts