DirecTV CEO: NFL deal for the long haul

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Directv would lose so many customers without the ticket...they need it to survive I think.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Directv would lose so many customers without the ticket...they need it to survive I think.

Your kidding, right ?

Without the ST, if your comparing D* to DISH and Cable, they would still be equal or better than.

If your talking about DISH, people have been saying for years that D* has superior picture quality, DISH has better equipment.

Do you watch your equipment or your TV ?

Like always, people should choose by who has the programming that they want, so some would go one way and others the other, because of it.

However, if both had the same programming, I believe they would chose D* unless its a price issue, DISH packages are less than D*, but D* offers more channels in most packages.

Of course D* would lose subs, that happens if you suddenly don't have programming ...
But that are HARDLY going to fold.

this worked so well with xm/sirius

Yes, it did. If the merger weren't allowed to go through one or both companies would have gone under, anyway.

If you look at the pricing for the combined companies, there has been zero abuse. In fact, Sirius XM now offers ala carte packages which allow you to pick and choose 50 channels for about $9.00/month. So please, explain how this was a bad thing for anyone.

Yes, it did. If the merger weren't allowed to go through one or both companies would have gone under, anyway.

If you look at the pricing for the combined companies, there has been zero abuse. In fact, Sirius XM now offers ala carte packages which allow you to pick and choose 50 channels for about $9.00/month. So please, explain how this was a bad thing for anyone.

REALLY ?

WHERE ?

The companies stink since the merger.

I would LOVE to pick 50 channels and thats it for $9 p/m, I have 3 radios, so $27 p/m x 12 month.

I'd be shocked if it stays exclusive to anyone but it certainly isn't leaving direct tv.

The Nfl wants the package exclusive to one provider period. Directv will get it for another 4 years or even 5. They talk about Google possibly getting it but it's not happening. Their cable service is only in a few areas and nobody is going to pay outrageous fees for streaming quality. I would say directv gets the package for 4 to 5 years around 4-6 billion dollar contract.

my primary went up a bit, my secondary went up alot, i got a streaming charge, then a royalty charge.
all after the merger
i was paying double.

i honestly liked dish when i had it
i left because of cs issues and fee increases.
my directv bill has gone up a bit, but not as much as my dish did when i had it
if they merged, not sure what i would do, id have to see how things ironed out
i dont have the option for cable or fios out here in the sticks

i honestly liked dish when i had it
i left because of cs issues and fee increases.
my directv bill has gone up a bit, but not as much as my dish did when i had it
if they merged, not sure what i would do, id have to see how things ironed out
i dont have the option for cable or fios out here in the sticks

Not mearging anytime soon ....
This comes up every year.

my primary went up a bit, my secondary went up alot, i got a streaming charge, then a royalty charge.
all after the merger
i was paying double.

The royalty charges are out of their control and even with the competition between Dish and DTV the rates go up every year like clockwork for both companies. Until the programming costs are brought under control it will continue to happen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)