DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is not a full channel list (that will not be available until the 30th) however AT&T sent me this.

IMG_1480372000.386463.jpg

Isn't Cloo going off the air?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I agree. I didn't care about Taylor Swift or Fullscreen. I wanted to see the channels in each package and what all is available. Poor Presentation!

Yeah, Fullscreen is of no interest. About the only things I am willing to do with my phone at this point in life, other than answer work emails, is twitter and watch espn.

A little underwhelming of a presentation to say the least.

You could tell it was not a DIRECTV presentation so it was a little (ok a lot) underwhelming.

The product itself seems so exciting just not the way it was presented.

I am confused where to get this? Can I sign up online and get the free Apple TV? Or must I get it in a store? Is that while supplies last?

I was driving so don't know if they aired the Q&A or not. But no dvr? No locals? They said they had all networks but CBS so does that's mean I will get NBC and ABC? Can I rewind? pause? If I install the app on my phone and my sons phone (both on AT&T) do they both stream DIRECTV Now without using data?

With the way the channels are distributed and the pricing, for me, Vue is going to be a better deal. Unless I get the $35 grandfathered package and keep it. $39 is what I am paying now for Vue (no local market) for the second tier package, but that includes 5 streams and DVR. It does look like Directv Now will give me more channels, but as it is, most would be channels I do not watch at all, or at least not that often.

I will give it the trial for sure, but not sure I see much at this point that will make me swap permanently.

Look what was put up at DIRECTV headquarters in El Segundo. (Photo courtesy John Ward)

IMG_1480373744.628176.jpg

BTW the photos from today's event were provided courtesy of AT&T / Directv.

With the way the channels are distributed and the pricing, for me, Vue is going to be a better deal. Unless I get the $35 grandfathered package and keep it. $39 is what I am paying now for Vue (no local market) for the second tier package, but that includes 5 streams and DVR. It does look like Directv Now will give me more channels, but as it is, most would be channels I do not watch at all, or at least not that often.

I will give it the trial for sure, but not sure I see much at this point that will make me swap permanently.

I feel the same.

Based on the channel graphic above, even if DirectTV Now offered a cloud-based DVR and five simultaneous streams, PS Vue's channel offerings and pricing beats it by a long shot as far as I'm concerned. Most of the channels in the $60 package I'm getting in my $35 Vue package along with my RSNs and two local networks.

I guess this might appeal to someone who really needs those Viacom channels, but with only two streams, DirectTV Now isn't exactly ideal for families.

Reactions: osu1991
It's a bit half baked for our needs, and that's coming from someone w/ no pay TV service at all.

Need:
- Xbox App
- NFL Red Zone

With it not being a prominent part of this presentation I'm sure we won't see anything NFL related this season, and with only Roku being mentioned for 2017 an Xbox app must not be too close.

If we get another device for this purpose (Roku, etc) then Vue remains the better service. (we tried Sling, was a buffering mess).

Excited to see how things develop. Vue may seem to be better for now but just don't see Sony being agile enough to keep up with the traditional providers once they hit their strides.

Just talked to cancellations and if you are under agreement you may NOT switch or they will charge you the ETF. Personally I think that's crap, same company!!

Just talked to cancellations and if you are under agreement you may NOT switch or they will charge you the ETF. Personally I think that's crap, same company!!
It's a completely different service. I can understand why they take that stance.

Dish does the same with sling.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
Significant cost to install a dish and provide a receiver. People don't seem to realize that. DirecTV Now and Sling leave it to the consumer to provide their own equipment, which is why these services can operate on lower margins.

If I can get the MASN to watch the Orioles, I will probably sign up. I'd prefer to use my Apple TVs and save on DVR/leasing fees each month.

DIRECTV NOW programming packages are seeded from our existing satellite TV service, putting popular channels together for a great entertainment value:

• Live a Little – $35 / month (60+ channels)
  • Just Right – $50 / month (80+ channels)
  • Go Big – $60 / month (100+ channels)
  • Gotta Have it – $70 / month (120+ channels)
"GO Big" will have into price of $35 for subscribers that sign on in the beginning, and will be grandfathered at that price.
Though he did clarify the price will increase over time as content prices increase (like DirecTV now).
I knew the fib of "100 Channels for $35) was too good to be true. It never made economic sense.

This seems like a good deal if you get in on the $35 intro package and don't need more than two streams. I have too many Roku players in the house and am pretty well satisfied with Sling TV and their $5 add-on choices.

I knew the fib of "100 Channels for $35) was too good to be true. It never made economic sense.
Well it is true. You can get the Go Big package that has 100 channels for $35, but you have to sign up within a specified time period and keep it to keep that price.

It was misleading though. Imo anyway.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

An incentive to keep people from swapping between services (sling and Vue). I get it, but depending on the channel lineups for the different tiers, I am not really thrilled with it. As when you swap or drop, you lose grandfather status (or so it reads).
Nah, it's not about switching; it's about being able to advertise "100 Channels for $35."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts