Status
Please reply by conversation.

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
at the request of one of our members and RAD you know who you are, i finally have a statement from Bob Mercer regarding NFL ST HD for 2007.

``NFL HD this year will still be on Ku/MPEG2........that will change next year.

For 2007, we may need to use the HD capacity of TNT to carry NFL HD. It will be on a week by week basis and we will not take down TNT if they are carrying live sports.''

And this is pretty much exactly like many of us said it would go. And NFL ST 2008 to MPEG4 only will be the last gasp before MPEG2 HD shutdown. MLB EI HD was already announced as MPEG4 only next season.

Because like he said, it will be in MPEG2. That's on the current sats, not the new ones.

i don't think you can spin what he said any differently. those of you who still have either the h10 and/or h20, there's your answer......you are safe this year. :)

Not that I care since I don't have DirecTV, but I think it's only fair that they reward the MPEG-4 adopters by offering TNT HD in MPEG-4 format on the new satellite, so that they can watch TNT HD on Sunday afternoons if they so desire, this upcoming football season.

Not that I care since I don't have DirecTV, but I think it's only fair that they reward the MPEG-4 adopters by offering TNT HD in MPEG-4 format on the new satellite, so that they can watch TNT HD on Sunday afternoons if they so desire, this upcoming football season.

I would agree with that.

right, TNT has already shown their quota of NASCAR races this season.

none of the mlb playoff games are suppose to be shown on TNT, are they? i think its just TBS and fox.

Yeah Lets continue screw the majority of HD customers for the continued benefit of a group of subscribers who get ST.

Oh but V, we dont know if its just MPEG2 version or an MPEG4 version. So we understand that some dont want to move to MPEG4 because they like their Tivo, but something has to give.

This has actually been another thing I've been saying for a while. I'm sure they plan to light up all the current MPEG2 HD channels in MPEG4 on D10 at launch. And then if someone calls in to complain that they can't watch Law and Order on Sunday afternoon on TNT-HD then they can be offered a free MPEG4 receiver upgrade. Will quicken the pace of MPEG4 adoption even more.

"I love it when a plan comes together"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)