DIRECTV statement regarding NFL HD 2007

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey Guys,

TNT Hd has more than Law & Order and old movies. What about "The Closer" and "Saving Grace?

i happen to love the closer but i don't think reruns are aired on sunday afternoon, are they?

this is such crap, the minute i see that TNT HD is missing, i'm calling them and getting out of this contract, it's not fair, they can't shut down an HD channel because 5% of their subs pay $250 to watch ST, that's bull, and they will get a call from me for sure

What percentage of subs do you think will be watching TNT HD on Sunday afternoon, I bet it's less than .5 %

Jimbo

i happen to love the closer but i don't think reruns are aired on sunday afternoon, are they?

Not usually. TNT-HD weekends are Com-movies (Commercials interrupted by Movies). As an example..this Sunday afternoon (if it were a football Sunday) "Drumline" "Remember the Titans"and "Knights Tale" which span both the early and late games (or there abouts). All these Com-movies are usually on both Sat. and Sun....so viewers can always record it prior to (and FF through the commercials).

And to upgrade to the mpeg4 im assuming you would need to buy a new receiver? They will not provide one for you? So you are losing out on programming simply because you cant afford a new box?

And to upgrade to the mpeg4 im assuming you would need to buy a new receiver? They will not provide one for you? So you are losing out on programming simply because you cant afford a new box?
That about sums it up! OH well atleast the Sunday Ticket subscribers are happy.

TNT's schedule for the first NFL Sunday

Slated for TNT next Sunday afternoon is :
Miss Congeniality, Erin Brockovich, Titanic .
These three movies play from 1 pm to 7:30.
Anyone not seen these movies yet that NEED to see them on THIS Sunday instead of the NFL, please raise your hand.

Jimbo

back to drumline, i enjoyed the music in the movie which featured daytona's own bethune-cookman college (now university band). in fact, there's going to be an anniversary edition dvd released soon. there were people in town last week interviewing current members of the cookman band.

Slated for TNT next Sunday afternoon is :
Miss Congeniality, Erin Brockovich, Titanic .
These three movies play from 1 pm to 7:30.
Anyone not seen these movies yet that NEED to see them on THIS Sunday instead of the NFL, please raise your hand.

Jimbo
Thats not the point,The point is Sunday Ticket is the reason TNT is being taken off the air on Directv ONLY. Not because NFL football is on .No other provider has to lose TNT on Sunday because of football.And its not just TNT ,it all the interactive features as well,atleast it was like that last year.Thats why people are upset.IMO one should have nothing to do with the other. I'm sure a ton of Directv customers have not Idea what bandwidth is or even care.They just say" OH here we go again once football starts we have to miss out on the channels I like"This is a subject you can't sit there and say OH get over it. You can't blaim people for being upset over this. I'm mean Really people com'on !!

Last edited:
Thats not the point,The point is Sunday Ticket is the reason TNT is being taken off the air on Directv ONLY. Not because NFL football is on .No other provider has to loose TNT on Sunday because of football.Thats why people are upset.IMO one should have nothing to do with the other. I'm sure a ton of Directv customers have not Idea what bandwidth is or even care.They just say" OH here we go again once football starts we have to miss out on the channels I like"This is a subject you can't sit there and say OH get over it. You can't blaim people for being upset over this. I'm mean Really people com'on !!

Even though I don't watch TNT-HD a lot, especially on Sundays, I did get quite angry last year when D* started dropping TNT-HD. I've been a D* customer since 1995 and that was the most angry I've ever been with them. If E* offered HD locals in my market or if the 622 DVR had two OTA tuners I probably would've switched.

What percentage of subs do you think will be watching TNT HD on Sunday afternoon, I bet it's less than .5 %

Jimbo
I'd say your close on your percentage,The only thing is I bet out of the whole United States only 2% subscribe to the NFL Sunday Ticket. Don't forget about the millions of others that don't even have Directv.TNT is off All day,Not just for the 6 hours Directv has football on for.Only on Directv is TNT gone.

Here's a link for The Information On the NFL Sunday Ticket. TNT isn't the only thing D* drops on Sunday....

NFL Sunday Ticket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hemi, 1st off, understand that anybody can write anything in Wikipedia, so using that as your source for information or as a "link to information" is kind of like calling Joe down the street. You can tell by the entire Wik reading on ST that whoever wrote it did in fact have a negative slant. As ST information goes I don't think that any unbias report would go into what needs to be turned off in the 2nd paragraph. Anyway that said, it is what it is, those of us in the know won't be taken off guard. There are limitations to what D* can do with this at this point. They have to do something and in their eyes this is the best solution. I don't understand the fuss. I never, ever would watch NASCAR, but if there was a race every Sunday, and they had to take off TNT or whatever to have it, I wouldn't evern consider saying a word. It is only a big deal in these threads and across the country with the subs, the percentage of complaints can't be too large, and as I stated before, anyone complaining to D* about this is looking for freebies!

Hemi, 1st off, understand that anybody can write anything in Wikipedia, so using that as your source for information or as a "link to information" is kind of like calling Joe down the street. You can tell by the entire Wik reading on ST that whoever wrote it did in fact have a negative slant. As ST information goes I don't think that any unbias report would go into what needs to be turned off in the 2nd paragraph. Anyway that said, it is what it is, those of us in the know won't be taken off guard. There are limitations to what D* can do with this at this point. They have to do something and in their eyes this is the best solution. I don't understand the fuss. I never, ever would watch NASCAR, but if there was a race every Sunday, and they had to take off TNT or whatever to have it, I wouldn't evern consider saying a word. It is only a big deal in these threads and across the country with the subs, the percentage of complaints can't be too large, and as I stated before, anyone complaining to D* about this is looking for freebies!
Whats false about it? Everything Its states about the removed Sunday programming ,Was removed last year During football season.I still fail to see where it has a negatve slant? Give me an example.

Hemi, if you or any other unbiased writer were given the job to write an article about ST it could not state that "the the customer of the package is presumed, based on advertisements..... right there at the off. The slant is there when talking about the exc;usive, the slant is there with the criticism being there well before the entire story of ST has been told, dude, READ THE ARTICLE WITH OPEN EYES. If you don't see the slant here, I can't help you.

Hemi, if you or any other unbiased writer were given the job to write an article about ST it could not state that "the the customer of the package is presumed, based on advertisements..... right there at the off. The slant is there when talking about the exc;usive, the slant is there with the criticism being there well before the entire story of ST has been told, dude, READ THE ARTICLE WITH OPEN EYES. If you don't see the slant here, I can't help you.
The truth is not always negative ,unless you don't agree.If you disagree tell me why?. The ideal customer of this package is presumed (based on advertisements) to be a fan of a team who is unable to see their team because they're no longer in that team's market. SO WHAT ??! The only reason we are even talking about this is because,you Subscribe to NFL ST,and dropping these services on Sunday benifits YOU. If it was the other way around and they said we dropping 1 game every sunday and dropping your NFL mix channels and red Zone, So TNT can be on along with PPV and Interactive features. Most of you would be crying up a storm.And why? Because your paying for a service,and you should get that service.

Last edited:
The truth is not always negative ,unless you don't agree.If you disagree tell me why?. The ideal customer of this package is presumed (based on advertisements) to be a fan of a team who is unable to see their team because they're no longer in that team's market. SO WHAT ??! The only reason we are even talking about this is because,you Subscribe to NFL ST,and dropping these services on Sunday benifits YOU. If it was the other way around and they said we dropping 1 game every sunday and dropping your NFL mix channels and red Zone, So TNT can be on along with PPV and Interactive features. Most of you would be crying up a storm.And why? Because your paying for a service,and you should get that service.

No Hemi, I would be like oh damn! Geez, damn! But that would be about it, no crusade, no yelling rip off. I would just watch it in SD like the TNT people can do.

To be slanted by definition, the facts don't have to be flat out wrong. It has to do with the presentation of these facts. Your car for instance could be described as a brilliant Red, or as a kind of faux Rasberry, which sounds better? No flat out lie, just a slant on the truth. You honestly can tell me that if your job was to write about ST your article would be like that. A pro would be fired on the spot if his job was to write an unbiased article. As I said, if you can't see the spin than I can't help you.

No Hemi, I would be like oh damn! Geez, damn! But that would be about it, no crusade, no yelling rip off. I would just watch it in SD like the TNT people can do.
Who's yelling rip off?1 person in this topic said if he loses TNT he's switching providers,Well people say that all the time.I don't see how this would effect you on a personal level. I bet any amount of money that he wouldn't switch,or he prob.dosen't even Have D*.But I side from that,you and a few others are attacking those who can't watch what they want,and thats childish,sorry but it is. Your forgetting last year, can these people still use the Interactive features? How about PPV movies on a sunday? My guess is no!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)