DIRECTV statement regarding NFL HD 2007

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anyone know what sat the ST HD games with be on? I'm having trouble with 119 this year.

I don't, but if they follow the last years they'll put them on 101/110/119 wherever they can fit them in. I know it's not a good answer but with D*'s bandwidth shortage they just have to put them wherever they have the room.

just look at the tnt-hd guide for today. at 11am it says programming will return at 5:30pm. hmmmm!

What you're missing is Swordfish, The Sixth Day, and Rush Hour 2.

harshness, i don't think i'll lose sleep missing these movies....sorry!

rad, let me just say this and i don't want this to come across the wrong way. i am a retired journalist with over 25 years experience. my reputation and creditability as such, was always excellent. phillip swann has never impressed me as being anything more than a johhny come lately. i have no idea what his credentials are. they may be legit but something tells me otherwise.

i may have been retired since 2000 but i hope i still know a few things about sources and questions to ask. that's why i have permission to ask these people.

when i first contact a media person, i always explain my extensive background in the business and why i'm retired (health problems). i do this so they, hopefully understand, i am still somewhat legit. i'm not a person who frequents a website wanting to become a respected journalist. i still am by the people who worked with me.

so please, when i have a statement of interest and scott posts it on the homepage, i'm staking my reputation as a professional (although retired) journalist. thanks. :)

No, not to my knowledge and if there was, I missed it (if so I would have hoped that it would be stuck on the main page); I just thought we were using the 19th as the marked rumor date of record.

Of the various rumors I've read, I believe it will be the 19th. If it winds up better later I'll be annoyed but in the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal. It will be there when it's there. Now, if we hear that the satellite doesn't work or has become unusable for some reason and we have to wait for D11, then I'll be really mad.

Last edited:
I guess your sticking with the 12th for a channel launch date?
I was willing to go with the 12th based on ScoBuck's reliable HD LIL resource, but it seems impossible now based on where the satellite seems to be resting.

I'm not particularly impressed with all of the spreadsheets and PDFs that claim to foretell the coming HD. There's a whole lot of currently unavailable channels in those pages as well as a few that are available but notably absent.

In the absence of authoritative facts, the Internet will develop its own.

-- harshness

I was willing to go with the 12th based on ScoBuck's reliable HD LIL resource, but it seems impossible now based on where the satellite seems to be resting.

I'm not particularly impressed with all of the spreadsheets and PDFs that claim to foretell the coming HD. There's a whole lot of currently unavailable channels in those pages as well as a few that are available but notably absent.

In the absence of authoritative facts, the Internet will develop its own.

-- harshness

You are just a little bundle of joy, aren't you?

Has there ever been any offical word?
Not recently. Robert Mercer's answer to iceturkee's question about the FCC filings suggested that the speculation was ahead of the reality. The subsequent "murmurs" at CEDIA were similarly inconclusive but similarly CYA in nature.

and, of course, for some strange reason some people imply that i'm pulling this stuff out of robert mercer's mouth. try over 25 years as a respected journalist. should i provide references? :rolleyes:

and, of course, for some strange reason some people imply that i'm pulling this stuff out of robert mercer's mouth. try over 25 years as a respected journalist. should i provide references? :rolleyes:
You've identified the source, why they should be answering your questions, the question that you asked and the answer in quotes. It doesn't get much more credible than that.

It is these posters that produce some amazingly detailed document without a source nor a reason that they should be in possession of such information that worry me. Of course this is complicated by elements of DIRECTV seemingly "seeding" questionable (or even false) information. Where is that "All Access" package anyway?

speaking of that all access package, i never got a response from robert mercer. that should answer those questions.

all i've ever wanted to do was add creditability to this website. some people just don't get it. and truthfully, sometimes it does peeve me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)