DIRECTV statement regarding NFL HD 2007

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We will just have to agree to disagree on this one, okay? Something we can agree on......
GO EAGLES!!!!!!! Which I will be watching in HD on Sunday in Columbus, Ohio, which I can only do because of ST and SF. So for all that want or need to be watching TNT during that particular time frame, tough!:D

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one, okay? Something we can agree on......
GO EAGLES!!!!!!! Which I will be watching in HD on Sunday in Columbus, Ohio, which I can only do because of ST and SF. So for all that want or need to be watching TNT during that particular time frame, tough!:D
What teams are on your locals? Cleveland and Pittsburgh?

directv has the h20-100 and after all this time it is still full of bugs, now they come out with a h21-200 and don't even put a dam antenna hook up on it, now I'd say they are pretty smart. I think they should go back to letting other companys make them, they sure can't!!! wmj5

directv has the h20-100 and after all this time it is still full of bugs, now they come out with a h21-200 and don't even put a dam antenna hook up on it, now I'd say they are pretty smart. I think they should go back to letting other companys make them, they sure can't!!! wmj5

And how does your response have anything to do with this thread?

Huh? TNT, sunday ticket, and h20.....

Thats not the point,The point is Sunday Ticket is the reason TNT is being taken off the air on Directv ONLY. Not because NFL football is on .No other provider has to lose TNT on Sunday because of football.And its not just TNT ,it all the interactive features as well,atleast it was like that last year.Thats why people are upset.IMO one should have nothing to do with the other. I'm sure a ton of Directv customers have not Idea what bandwidth is or even care.They just say" OH here we go again once football starts we have to miss out on the channels I like"This is a subject you can't sit there and say OH get over it. You can't blaim people for being upset over this. I'm mean Really people com'on !!

New article from Swanni says that they won't have to drop any channels this year for Sunday Ticket.

DIRECTV: 20-40 New HD Channels Likely By Sept. 16

Saw, that, will be interesting to see what D* VP knows the correct answer, less then two weeks to find out that answer.

first, i have never considered swann to be reliable......nor do a lot of people. he would be the last source i would go to for a definitive answer. second, bob mercer hasn't steered me wrong yet. at this point in time, i believe him before anything i read from swann.

ETA: mercer did say ``we may need'' so even if no channels went off the air for a few sunday afternoon, he hasn't lied here!

first, i have never considered swann to be reliable......nor do a lot of people. he would be the last source i would go to for a definitive answer. second, bob mercer hasn't steered me wrong yet. at this point in time, i believe him before anything i read from swann.

ETA: mercer did say ``we may need'' so even if no channels went off the air for a few sunday afternoon, he hasn't lied here!

I would normally agree about Swann's reliability, but he did provide direct quotes from Eric Shanks, DIRECTV's executive vice president of entertainment

But Shanks said DIRECTV will not need to drop an existing HDTV channel from the lineup to make room for the high-def games each Sunday, as it did last year.

"We will do some shuffling to make room, but there will be no dropping of HD channels like last year," he said.

That is really gonna bum out some of those E* boys, I have no idea why, but it will. They seemed to be taking pleasure that we were going to be missing all of that compelling Sunday afternoon programming on TNT that they are going to be watching while we watch FOOTBALL. Oh that's right, no reason to watch on Sunday, heck, they get to watch that game in glorious HD on Wednesday at 1:00 AM. on the NFL network.
Seriously though, it didn't matter to me but I guess those that were upset about turning off that channel for the afternoon won't be complaining if this is the case. Good, less aggrivation.

right, the key words are ``some truth.''

you have to understand its all in the wording of their statements. shanks: no channels will be shut off for ST. mercer: we might have to shut down.........and if we did, it would be a week to week basis. they have both said the same thing.........one gets paid to err on the side of caution. what if one or more weeks, they did have to shut down a channel. eric shanks would be blasted for his false statement.

you can spin this all you want. its like i say the new hd channels will start at 12:01 sept. 12. what if something happens and they don't turn on then. you're on my case because i lied. but if i say, probably or more than likely barring anything unforseen, you can't accuse me of lying (either way).

right, the key words are ``some truth.''

you have to understand its all in the wording of their statements. shanks: no channels will be shut off for ST. mercer: we might have to shut down.........and if we did, it would be a week to week basis. they have both said the same thing.........one gets paid to err on the side of caution. what if one or more weeks, they did have to shut down a channel. eric shanks would be blasted for his false statement.

you can spin this all you want. its like i say the new hd channels will start at 12:01 sept. 12. what if something happens and they don't turn on then. you're on my case because i lied. but if i say, probably or more than likely barring anything unforseen, you can't accuse me of lying (either way).
Don't worry about me because I'm a wait and see kind of guy.I know better! There's so much "here say" anymore its not even funny.

Anyone know what sat the ST HD games with be on? I'm having trouble with 119 this year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.