DIRECTV statement regarding NFL HD 2007

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thats because some folks don't want us to have credibility. ;)

I am hearing some stuff about problems with the new DirecTV 10 Satellite and also some big problems at DirecTV corporate (lots of folks quitting or getting fired) but I have kepted quiet about it because I would be labeled a basher.

speaking of that all access package, i never got a response from robert mercer. that should answer those questions.

all i've ever wanted to do was add creditability to this website. some people just don't get it. and truthfully, sometimes it does peeve me.

Your input is appreciated. Thanks for your efforts in keeping us up to date.

I am hearing some stuff about problems with the new DirecTV 10 Satellite and also some big problems at DirecTV corporate (lots of folks quitting or getting fired) but I have kepted quiet about it because I would be labeled a basher.

The truth is NEVER bashing.

and i appreciate your candor scott. some people don't want to know the truth, i suppose. they want to believe what they want to believe. although, any journalist worth their by-line, lives by the truth.

There was a post on dbstalk that said somebody they read a blog from someone who went to their cousin's wedding and someone from D* corporate was there and said that there was problems with D10. Is this the info you're referring to or are you hearing something from inside D*.

The problems at D* corporate very well could be related to potential problems with D10 or they could be related to the impending takeover from Liberty. It's certainly not uncommon for there to be employee turnover when a new owner takes over a company.

I'm not trying to flame or bash you Scott because I'm beginning to think that there may be problems. D* got the STA to start moving D10 on September 1st but so far they haven't.

No this has nothing to do with what I read anywhere just stuff I have been told over the past few weeks.

I am not technical enough to read TLE's and know what they mean. But I am told that that if your good are reading TLE's you can see there is an issue with the satellite, which could cause problems from DirecTV 10 from being received in parts of the country.

I am also told that moral in corporate is at an all time low, many of the folks there don't know whats happening nor do they have any confidence they will have a job a month from now. Its kind of sad to hear this, as this should be a time of great job and pride in DirecTV.

it is disheartening to hear there may be significant problems with directv 10. and i do wonder if this was alluded too when i asked robert mercer about the FCC request.

in any event, i hope things can be resolved soon.

I am hearing not so good things myself, it's still up in the air how bad things will get for directv but it will get bad to some extent. Mainly because they insisted on releasing press releases promising certain hd channels before they knew the sat was even going to work properly. Just last week they confirmed again a fulltime tbs hd channel for the mlb playoffs. PR nightmare.

BTW I should note that some of the fan boys at the other site are picking on what I wrote above.

Some of these guys have their lips so attached to DirecTV's ass that if DirecTV farts its going to blow their head off. :)

Anyways to these fanboys I will ask you this question:

- If DirecTV went out of their way to get special permission to move the satellite into place early (and was granted this permission) then why have they not moved it yet?

I am not out to put DirecTV down by any means, I am a subscriber and I want the new HD channels yesterday. I first heard this information a few weeks ago and have been sitting on it for awhile now.

I haven't started to dig yet, but I will start now. And will report what I find even if the documents are marked classified. You guys got me fired up now. :)

I haven't started to dig yet, but I will start now. And will report what I find even if the documents are marked classified. You guys got me fired up now. :)
And that's the only place you'd find this kind of information about the test results. I'm not ready to read anything negative into the satellite's lack of movement yet.

Trust me if I can get them, I will post them. :)

And yes, while I am hearing this grumblinig coming from inside DirecTV, it should all be considered a rumor until we have more information.

BTW I should note that some of the fan boys at the other site are picking on what I wrote above.

Some of these guys have their lips so attached to DirecTV's ass that if DirecTV farts its going to blow their head off. :)

Agreeded. Someone says they heard a rumor from a BB sales person that heard it from a D* installer that heard it from a CSR and it gets better treatment then your info. This BS really needs to stop one of these days.

My best contact says he is NOT aware of any problems with DIRECTV-10. He said he didn't have anything to add or offer. He sounded fine to me.

Don't know what to think.

You can now post that you have 10,999 members. That was uncalled for. To question someones information on something like this is one thing - but to drop to these immature rants is what lowers your credibility further than the sales person at BB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)