DirecTV Sunday Ticket south of the border?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcwebman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Spring, TX
I probably already know my answer after searching through here, calling DirecTV twice with both people knowing nothing, but I am considering retiring somewhere south, either Mexico or the Caribbean. All I need DTV for is to watch my favorite NFL team for which I have been doing for 22 years on DTV with the ST.

Believe it or not, that might determine where I eventually move. One DTV rep said I probably could watch ST online.

Is there any chance to continue to watch ST outside the US, preferably legally?

Depending upon how far south, it's not likely. The signals don't go very far south of the border. If it's available on Directv LA, and I don't know if it is, then you could watch it there.

I probably already know my answer after searching through here, calling DirecTV twice with both people knowing nothing, but I am considering retiring somewhere south, either Mexico or the Caribbean. All I need DTV for is to watch my favorite NFL team for which I have been doing for 22 years on DTV with the ST.

Believe it or not, that might determine where I eventually move. One DTV rep said I probably could watch ST online.

Is there any chance to continue to watch ST outside the US, preferably legally?
How far south are you talking in Mexico ?
Are you going to still have an address in the US ?

Just started looking as to where, because I plan on visiting these places for the next 3-5 years to determine if I like the location to move to. In Mexico, I have seen San Miguel de Allende, Lake Chapala, and Guanajuato which would be interesting to look into. As far as an address in the US, I haven't considered that. Not sure what would be required to do that. This will be a full-time move.

I keep seeing different things on DirecTV LA with old articles and such, so have not been able to find anything for sure on that. One of the calls asking DTV about a list of countries where all this was supported, including DirecTV LA, turned up nothing. I'll need to look into NFL Game Pass.

With the popularity of the NFL outside of the US, I would think they would have something, especially for expats.

You specifically mention online streaming. Speaking from experience, a US DIRECTV account with Sunday ticket will not allow streaming in Mexico
IMG_0388.JPG

You specifically mention online streaming. Speaking from experience, a US DIRECTV account with Sunday ticket will not allow streaming in Mexico
Thanks. That DTV rep obviously was wrong.

The NFL Live Streaming right now seems the most promising, as long as I'm not in certain countries: "NFL Game Pass is only available to users located outside the United States, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, and any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths."
Puerto Rico was a possibility so it appears if in those areas, I would need NFL Game Pass and not be able to watch live games, but only on replay. That's better than nothing at least.

Still needing to find out about the DTV LA opportunity.

Sky Mexico, which is part owned by DirecTV, is Mexico's DBS service and has NFLST, along with MLBEI, and some English or part time English channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)