DirecTV's Plans for 2006/2007

Status
Please reply by conversation.
dragon002 said:
dude,

mastech is a joke, always has been. i quit HSP 3 years ago and never looked back. the MSP i work for pays me 65,20,20,20 and the at-9 is 25 extra. phone jacks, poles, slave lines, otas,attic crawls and crawlspaces all pay $$$$ to me, i dont share anything.
so it depends where you are and who you work for how much you earn. the dish guys here in pittsburgh start out at 9.85 per hour, but hell they get to drive around in that pretty (NOT) van!!
We charge extra for mirror outs, hardwire phone lines and anything I deem to be custom work....Poles are N/C inside of 50 ft..outside 50ft burial cust pays $2 per foot...i am supposed to collect on behalf of the company but I don't..i keep it...
we are at 75 + 25 for each additional outlet..Some companies here pay less if the home is prewired..That's Bullsh!t.....Super dish installs pay $20 more..That's funny. They aren't any more difficult than a D-500..But if they want to give me the extra coin, who am I to argue...
Now on retail deals, we charge for everything..Wall fish, poles etc...Those are nice....

jim tressler said:
when you say charge for everything on a retail deal - is it the customer who pays or do you bill dish?
It is the customer( the way it should be) considering custom installs. Retail pay their techs the same for a standard install unless they are less experienced then they get paid less. An advice i can give you customers out there reading this, you do not want a rookie doing your custom install.

WTF do you need an "installer" for if all they can do is plug a reciever into the wall without being paid extra? It will be cold day in hell when I pay for some clown to drop cables down a wall space. A circus monkey could do that.

vurbano said:
WTF do you need an "installer" for if all they can do is plug a reciever into the wall without being paid extra? It will be cold day in hell when I pay for some clown to drop cables down a wall space. A circus monkey could do that.
If you want it done for free, then he would be Mr. circus monkey to you pal. LOL

Last edited:
jim tressler said:
when you say charge for everything on a retail deal - is it the customer who pays or do you bill dish?
Customer pays on site...wall fishes ,mirror outs,pole mounts, hardwire phone lines and any custom work is paid for by the customer upon completion of the job
..I get a 60% split.....

vurbano said:
Well, well, well..We have a comedian in our midst....Hey, these activities are NOT considered part of a standard install....Reason is they take more time and use more material..I guess you wouldn't expect to have to compenaste for that, huh....
Tell ya what(I have told customers this) Suppose your boss walked up to you 5 mins before your shift ended and told you to work 2 hrs overtime but he was not going ot pay you..would you tell him it's ok and you do it?...If so , you are a fool...If not , you see my point.....
Look, genius, I operate for a profit..I work I get paid..Period...If someone wants something for free I tell them to go see the Padre at the local Catholic Church and he can punch his ticket for him......

Last edited:
vurbano,

hey i found you a sparring partner...LOL

comedian??.. genius??....fool???

oh he wants to know why you wont COMPENASTE him for more than a STANBDARD install.

well??????:devil:

Last edited:
dishcomm said:
Well, well, well..We have a comedian in our midst....Hey, these activities are NOT considered part of a stanbdard install....Reason is they take more time and use more material..I guess you wouldn't expect to have to compenaste for that, huh....
Tell ya what(I have told customers this) Suppose your boss walked up to you 5 mins before your shift ended and told you to work 2 hrs overtime but he was not going ot pay you..would you tell him it's ok and you do it?...If so , you are a fool...If not , you see my point.....
Look, genius, I operate for a profit..I work I get paid..Period...If someone wants something for free I tell them to go see the Padre at the local Catholic Church and he can punch his ticket for him......

ooooohhhhhhhh mmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

dragon002 said:
vurbano,

oh he wants to know why you wont COMPENASTE him for more than a STANBDARD install.

I don't spar..I made my thoughts well known....Nuff said.

dragon002 said:
vurbano,

I corrected my typo..Happy now..

Where can I find a circus monkey that fishes cabled through walls? I've been to the Ringling Brothers Circus and even googled it, yet no hits.......

dishcomm said:
Well, well, well..We have a comedian in our midst....Hey, these activities are NOT considered part of a standard install....Reason is they take more time and use more material..I guess you wouldn't expect to have to compenaste for that, huh....

WTF do you need an "installer" for if all they can do is plug a reciever into the wall without being paid extra? Heck Voom did that for free. I think I see why installers love D* so much now. There customers are ripe for the picking. Its a weekend warriors dream.

Last edited:
HDTVFanAtic said:
Where can I find a circus monkey that fishes cabled through walls? I've been to the Ringling Brothers Circus and even googled it, yet no hits.......
Train your own. Pay him with bananas

vurbano said:
WTF do you need an "installer" for if all they can do is plug a reciever into the wall without being paid extra? Heck Voom did that for free. I think I see why installers love D* so much now. There customers are ripe for the picking. Its a weekend warriors dream.
Even cable companies charge thier customers for custom work(about 45 an hour) for wall fishes. But they pay thier employee (installer) his usual hourly pay (7-10 dollars an hour depending how long he has been with the company. Now the installer working for the cable company is covered with insurance, if he hurts himself or damages the customers home, the cable company covers all damages to the home and the installer. The cable company provides all tools, materials, vehicle ,gas, medical, dental, and even a retirement plan(you get picture). Heck that is how i learned the trade, it was working for the cable company(yes i was a rookie at one time) but i was covered and was getting well trained in the buisness. Now after taking all the NCTI courses available , i had to wait for somebody to die or get fired to get my position that i have been trained for (Engineer) that was not going to happen anytime soon. So i went into contracting and did what i was trained to do. I provided all my tools, materials, vehicle ,gas, medical, dental, and even a retirement plan(you get picture). So now i can charge the customer for custom work at what price i consider fair. Now since Directv or Dishnetwork do not provide any of the tools, materials, vehicle ,gas, medical, dental, and even a retirement plan(you get picture). for thier installers ,they leave that up to the HSP,MSP, or DNS. And most of them (HSP,MSP, or DNS.) depend on contractors, because insurance would be too much for them to stay in buisness, so the ones that can get thier contractors to do all that for free is one thing but i know one thing for sure, if a customer like you tries to offer me bananas, i would tell him/her where to shove that banana ,
it will be a cold day in Hell before i do it for free. (you get the picture).

Last edited:
HDTVFanAtic said:
Ahh, these no payiong, no business sense enetitlement people think they should get everything for free...they have no conception of the profit motive becuase they never had to work for themselves..most likely they have always worked at the pleasure of "the man"..
People like this scoff at anyone who turns their hard work into a profit..
I look at it this way..As they have the right not to pay, I have the right not to work for them..If they can get it for free, more power to them..Not on my dime..

dishcomm said:
Ahh, these no payiong, no business sense enetitlement people think they should get everything for free...they have no conception of the profit motive becuase they never had to work for themselves..most likely they have always worked at the pleasure of "the man"..
People like this scoff at anyone who turns their hard work into a profit..
I look at it this way..As they have the right not to pay, I have the right not to work for them..If they can get it for free, more power to them..Not on my dime..
Well said

vurbano said:
If you got a tech to do something for free, that tech either was very well compensated, an idiot or the cost of the extras was built ijto the install/pay package for the tech..in the last case you paid for that wallfish anyway..This indicates your myopic view of things....Tell me, have you driven 10 miles out of your way to save 2 or 3 cents per gallon of gas?

oh yeah, good luck trying to get anyone to work in the house of el cheapo..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)