Diseqc switch. How much loss?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

laseradam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2006
Goshen, OH
I hooked up a 4 way switch at the BUD to switch between KY and C-band outputs of a Eagle Aspen c/KY NB. While watching Montana PBS the signal strength dropped from 45 to 26 which made the signal unusable. Straight through using first one RG-6 cable then the other cable that I used to hook up the switch I got no signal loss.

Should there be any loss through a Diseqc switch or did I just buy a junker?

I think you have a junker

I have a few Diseqc switches in my setup and there is minimal loss (If we are going to use Montana PBS as an example) with switch its a 44-45 on my Pansat. Without switch 47 max.

I tried a Diseqc to hook up C-Band G4 and KU Band G10 and they both were the same with & without the switch

When you added the switch, did you change the setting in the menu for Diseqc from "0ff" to port #1 or #2 or #3 or #4 or whichever port you are using? If not, that might be the problem.

Al

Also, as Iceberg points out in Tip from the Iceberg, always power your receiver OFF using the main switch on the back before adding or removing switches or LNBs!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts