Dish 622 L4.05 Software (the software formerly known as 409)

I think they meant, in that discussion, was that they couldn't roll back just a specific boxs sw.
Every once in a while, a previous version works "okay" while a new version introduces a problem (in addition to new features). People have asked to be pushed back because it works (and they're willing to sacrifice any new stuff). Others have said it can't be done. It most certainly can, just like Dish pushes s/w updates to a small number of receivers based on their serial number. Dish doesn't want to do it because it would be a logistical nightmare.

My recollection was tyhat ina tech forum or Charlie Chat the comment was made in a more general sense. But having said that my recollection may be off and I think that we were all skeptical of that then.

After all my PC would run if I rolled back the OS. I would lose certain functionality but it would operate.

Their timing was PERFECT for me!

Using the new ss meter I was able to finally dial in 129 over the weekend, whereas before I couldn't even get a reading on that bird. I started with 8 - 10 on tp27 (causing frequent dropouts, of course) and got it up to the mid-twenties and haven't lost A&E HD since. I didn't look this morning but from the posts here I assume anything under 50 won't even show (like it used to)?

I had to do a double-take this morning when I saw 4.05. I had just been checking to see if maybe 4.11 had downloaded overnight.

Phil

Every once in a while, a previous version works "okay" while a new version introduces a problem (in addition to new features). People have asked to be pushed back because it works (and they're willing to sacrifice any new stuff). Others have said it can't be done. It most certainly can, just like Dish pushes s/w updates to a small number of receivers based on their serial number. Dish doesn't want to do it because it would be a logistical nightmare.
The filters is more complicated then the suggestion. I did a few times posts with full data in those filters - please take a look.

Is there anyplace that discusses the specific tech details of the firmware? I'm wondering if they are pushing the limits of the processor and that's why they are having trouble. Imagine that you have to have several threads running for decode/record/guide update.

I wonder if they are in a tizzy over having to convert incoming locals to mpeg4 to write to disk from all kinds of formats, then playback on the mpeg4 stream...

Sure wish they hadn't done this. My OTA locals have been perfect with L409 and now that I have L405 again they are screwed up and back to the constant drop-outs. This stinks.... Give us back the fix for the OTA.

Sure wish they hadn't done this. My OTA locals have been perfect with L409 and now that I have L405 again they are screwed up and back to the constant drop-outs. This stinks.... Give us back the fix for the OTA.

Your fix is probably directly related to what broke OTA for some users.

So everyone will have to wait for 4.10+.

Here we go again:

7/24/2007: Software Version L4.06 for Vip622
Effective Tuesday, July 24th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L4.06 for the VIP622 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L4.05, L4.06, L4.09 will be the valid software version for the VIP622.

Where is that s/w info listed now ? It used to be easy to find on Dish's site but I can't anymore.

As for the version "numbers" Dish is using, they are "for public use" numbers. Unless they're re-releasing 4.06 with whatever flaws it had a week ago still unchanged.

Here we go again:

Effective Tuesday, July 24th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L4.06 for the VIP622 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L4.05, L4.06, L4.09 will be the valid software version for the VIP622.

This was posted on Monday, but did not happen. They rolled everyone back instead.

Tech Portal : Tech Updates

Hmm, did you check the date before re-posting old info ?

Here we go again:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)