Dish 622 L4.05 Software (the software formerly known as 409)

They need to quit messing with Mpeg4/2 improvements and re-implement whatever the OTA fix was because it worked. Then they can mess with the rest of the stuff.

It's interesting the different perspectives many of us have. I feel exactly the opposite. I think the priority should be giving us the best possible quality on the channels we are paying for.

Grr.......

Damn Dish and their FUBAR software management. My system was working flawlessly with L4.09, since the rollback I'm getting signal breakups, screaming black screens and spontaneous reboots (yes I've tried every form of reset) DISH FIX THIS SH*T NOW!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I'll chime in since Dish might be reading...I was very happy with 4.09. The OTA fixes and the HDMI tweaks helped big time. I noticed before when switching from another HDMI source (monoprice 2x1 switch) back to my 622, I always ran into problems(black or static screen). With 4.09, it worked great and now that I was reverted I have the same problems again. Sooooo, lets get the fixes back! :)

Damn Dish and their FUBAR software management. My system was working flawlessly with L4.09, since the rollback I'm getting signal breakups, screaming black screens and spontaneous reboots (yes I've tried every form of reset) DISH FIX THIS SH*T NOW!!!:mad::mad::mad:
What's your 622's hardware version letter? If it's an earlier one, like "B" or "C", you may want to try getting it RMA'd.

I've been saying this for a long time but very few here believed it. Well I finally had a Dish tech rep confirm it to me when I had to have my 622 replaced.

There are slight differences in some 622s, depending on where and when they were made. Sometimes software downloads can have problems on certain receivers because of this and it becomes more cost effective for them to replace certain units rather than try to write code that will cure every problem in every receiver.

My theory is often these glitches only manifest themselves under certain usage patterns, so some (or maybe many) customers with a potentially "problematic" unit may never actually experience a problem. That's probably why Dish won't publically admit to this but will RMA units for customers that call in with certain issues.

We've been trying to pinpoint issues that some see and others don't for a year or more and the only possibility is different hardware revs. No one has ever indicated that Dish "admits" this as a possible source.

Do they only test on the latest hardware rev ?

That's why when L4.05 was released I kept telling people, don't say "my receiver is working fine" because others were having lots of problems. There are several different hardware revisions of the 622 out there and software updates might affect only some of them while the others are fine.

So again to all those people that say, "oh but my receiver is just working fine" well good for you but there are others that are or will have problems with software updates so let them complain or report their problems.

One would think that E* would try to stick with one hardware version for their top of the line receiver. I'm sure it would make S/W updates a far more simple and streamlined process instead of having to wonder what this update is going to fix for some and break for others...

Loss of Ext. Rec. Device Function?

I have a Panasonic DMR-EH75V DVDR w/HDD that I'm using to record from my 622. When the FW reverted to 4.05, I lost the ability to schedule a recording to an "external recording device (ERD)". The 622 will take the inputted schedule but the Panasonic never gets it from the 622. Hence, the recording never happens in the Panasonic. It worked fine with L4.09. Anyone else see this?:(

That's why when L4.05 was released I kept telling people, don't say "my receiver is working fine" because others were having lots of problems. There are several different hardware revisions of the 622 out there and software updates might affect only some of them while the others are fine.

So again to all those people that say, "oh but my receiver is just working fine" well good for you but there are others that are or will have problems with software updates so let them complain or report their problems.

I would think that Dish would want to know both sides of things, those that work and those that don't. I understand that some peoples stuff wasn't working correctly on 4.09 but others are not working correctly on 4.05 when they were working on 4.09.

I've been holding back from saying this because I've thought for some time that it was just my imagination...

Since 406, then 409, my overall picture quality was worse. Nothing really specific and it was subtle. I guess the best way to describe it would be to call it "soft". This includes the software graphics (guide, menus, etc.)

Since the rollback to 405, the crispness is back. The graphics have especially improved. (Although I must say the graphics on the 622 have never been on par for what I thought an HD receiver should be displaying.)

I had problems with watching anything recorded on my Mpeg 4 hd locals with L4.09. It was pixelating and macro blocking like crazy. This made my wife VERY UNHAPPY and I am glad they rolled it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)