Dish Answers your 811 Questions

Dish CSR's are clueless! I called twice concerning the new software and they all tell me version 261 is the latest. I told them that people are getting it and the told me I was confused that they are always notified of new software releases.

So good luck if you try to call..... I guess I just have to wait.

We have no independent confirmation of the update - I'm waiting until I see report #2 that it is out and someone has it. My receiver still doesn't see it.

GO GATORS!!! ;-)

My receivers been in standby most of yesterday and overnight. I checked this AM and it's still running P261. Very frustrating!

Jeff is an unregistered troll who is messing with your heads.

There is no software update - he's just being a smartass.

Chris

BudShark said:
Jeff is an unregistered troll who is messing with your heads.

There is no software update - he's just being a smartass.

Chris

Yup, and he succeeded. Yet another reason to not allow posts from unregistered participants.

I'll call later today on the dark image issue and and do what ever is possible to insure its escalated..

The poor CSR's must be as frustrated as we are. They wind up taking calls from frustrated end users that read forums like this and all it takes is one joker to generate a slew of calls about new code to ruin everyone's day.

I think we know from previous hardware, that when new software is spooled, it usually isn't sent to every receiver at the same time, if I recall correctly. However perhaps because of the current limited number of 811's that might be installed now, that's not an issue.

I think when someone we know actually reports that they've got 26x on the info screen, its downloading.

As Floyd said, we should press the issue on the dark video images from the 811 until we get some confirmation that they are working on it. Call or email via the web page

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/aboutus/contact_us/index.asp

and make sure that engineering understands that the dark/dim video is a problem and it needs to be resolved sooner rather than later. Perhaps even before aspect ratios, though I suspect its a priority because its an missing feature, not a bug..

I sent an email to Dish technical regarding the 811. Three problems were stated. The dark screen, aspect ratio & the forgetful EPG. Links were supplied to this forum as well as www.dbstalk.com. I made it clear that it is not me alone. Just search the two forums for many posts regarding this problem.

Ron

KyDave said:
Jerry G said:
Yet another reason to not allow posts from unregistered participants.

Just curious - how can he be unregistered if he has a profile and a post count of 4?

The profile and count data were not there the other day. Notice that the sign up date is 12/15. He also refers to 2.63 and it would appear that 2.62 was released today for the 811. What would you call him?

New 811 Software

New 811 software update available for download.
It's version P2.62 released 12/16/03

See dishnewtork link:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/customerCare/technical/software_versions/index.asp

Will try when I get home tonight. Hope it fixes alot of the problems.

Tom, new member to SatelliteGuys Forum

I'm new to Dish and will be getting my 811 on Dec 31st. I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer.

1) Does anybody have a SA Tivo hooked up to there 811? If yes how? Does the IR blasters work?

2) I don't understand how this OTA HD will work. Can somebody explain that to me please?

3) I did not get the local channels was that a mistake? Will it complicate things for me?

4) Where did you purchase your dvi cable?

Thank you very much for the help.

omard. said:
I'm new to Dish and will be getting my 811 on Dec 31st. I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer.

2) I don't understand how this OTA HD will work. Can somebody explain that to me please?

3) I did not get the local channels was that a mistake? Will it complicate things for me?

4) Where did you purchase your dvi cable?

Thank you very much for the help.

2) The 811 allows you to tune into digital programming via an antenna.
In Los Angeles all the channels have digital counter parts that are
broadcast in UHF. With an UHF antenna connected to 811 you can get
HD programming.

3) If you can get OTA and your area is broadcasting in digital, then you
don't need local channels through dish.

4) My experience on my Rear Projection TV is that picture quality is
same via DVI cable and Component. The 811 comes with component
cable so no need to buy expensive DVI Cable. I have heard that
for plasma and lcd TV's, DVI can make a difference. You can buy
DVI cable through most retailers.

I got a 10' DVI cable for 18 bucks and PacificCables. I would not consider that expensive and I would be willing to try both if I had DVD/Component inputs and pick the best one. My feeling is mileage varies here depending on the TV set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts