DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

Received my disc one day early. The disc had some skipping issues, couldn't play one episode at all. That wasn't much fun. Returning it today, hope Disc Two of the series is better. I thought Blu-rays were supposed to be more robust. ETA: I'm not complaining about BB, I realize they aren't responsible for people scratching discs.... assuming they don't have a dish scratching department at BB... that'd just be weird. :p

I still haven't received my first blu-ray that was due yesterday. I called DISH last night and again this morning to confirm that they were shipping it to my Billing address in Nederland,Tx over my service address in Pasedena ( yes, I'm a mover) and they got it switched to my billing address. I called last Saturday to confirm that they were going to ship it to my billing address and the csr said oh yes it will go to your billing address and I asked can you guarantee it? Oh yes, I can . RIGHT. I should of known you can't trust the csrs on the online chat. I got the number to Blockbuster company( 1-877-862-1613) and talked to a csr there ,who confirmed it will be shipped to my Nederland address. So it is being reshipped today and it would take another 4 - 5 days to get to me. Looks like all I will get is one blu-ray a week, if ANY with this account. 4 days is a long time to get a movie in the mail.:mad:

This just in. They haven't figured out the concept of different billing and shipping addresses. I use a bill paying service. My two choices are to send the DVD to the billing service or change my billing address. According to the supervisor I spoke with, she never heard of such a thing. I guess she doesn't get out much.

I merged my account 3 days ago and none of the DVDs I have in my queue have been mailed and they are available. I tried chat 3 times that is a joke then tried to get help through facebook Dish Answers they tried to help but couldnt. Address is right and used same email on dish network as I did on blockbuster since when I merged the accounts I had a old blockbuster account with my email address and it found it. I can put stuff in the queue it just wont mail anything.

I have satellite internet so I cant stream and I dont have a local store so without DVDs in the mail I will be cancelling this it I dont get something in the next few days

Why don't you call Blockbuster yourself and get them to change the address you want it to be shipped to, like I did. The number is :

1-877-862-1613

its not an address issue and the dish network tech told me I would have to wait to call during business hours my address was the same on both accounts

I am waiting also, start up is going to hve a lot of problems. I get a bang out of people saying that there is 1500 titles, then 2500 titles then 3000 titles, truth is there are arround 1700 free watch
and over half of those are crap! Netflix has the mail thing down to an art. I have never had to wait more than 24hrs. Blockbuster takes forever and in most cases just released movies are usually out.

Went to exchange my two disks at the local store, one of three still left in town. Was really pleased with the service and the large store was well stocked with all the new titles. Took me sometime to just do a walk through. Got two more new titles and had no problem at all. They gave a receipt for the returned movies and the new ones. My queue was updated when I got home.

I guess I should take a better look at the blue envelopes! :D

Ghpr13:)

As I posted in the other Dish/BBMP thread, I took a close look at my BB envelope today, when I mailed back my last 2 disc. The return address in the upper left hand corner was in Dallas, TX, but the disc was being mailed to a P.O. Box in Louisville, KY. I'm going to see what info I can find out on the web.

Ghpr13:confused:

As I posted in the other Dish/BBMP thread, I took a close look at my BB envelope today, when I mailed back my last 2 disc. The return address in the upper left hand corner was in Dallas, TX, but the disc was being mailed to a P.O. Box in Louisville, KY. I'm going to see what info I can find out on the web.

Mine were the same, three are to return to the same Louisville address.

Could it be they use the corporate address as the return on all mail out envelopes? That is the return address on mine but the return to address on the mailer is Houston. And I'm in Houston so that may be why I got mine before the expected arrival date. I'm sure BB has distribution centers in several locations as does NF.

Last edited:
Is there a link to a list of free movies they have available for streaming? I havent decided yet whether im going to subscribe to it. A list of movies/tv shows will help.

I could be wrong but I thought bulk of streaming is coming from movies from the channels that are now called blockbuster movie pass

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

satjay said:
I could be wrong but I thought bulk of streaming is coming from movies from the channels that are now called blockbuster movie pass

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

so the majority of the streaming movies is coming from the old platinum channels? That cant be right.

Could it be they use the corporate address as the return on all mail out envelopes? That is the return address on mine but the return to address on the mailer is Houston. And I'm in Houston so that may be why I got mine before the expected arrival date. I'm sure BB has distribution centers in several locations as does NF.

I would tend to agree with you, except, in my case, even though I live in Louisville I'm not getting the same fast turn around time as I did with NF.

Ghpr13:(

One thing that is bothering me is that other than the copy of my Dish Chat, there's nothing saying I have the 2 disc plan, or that my cost is $5.00 for the 2 disc plan. All info on both Dish & BB web sites list one the single disc plan on my account. I'll see what happens this week. Today I sent back 2 disc from a double disc movie.
Ghpr13:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)