DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

Jason- I wonder how the future for store Blockbuster Movie Pass will be impacted. Lower prices too? This is what I have now. two out at a time and unlimited exchanges per month but it is $32 and I added game pass for another $5.

Scott- if we sign up for the $10 addon, will that impact our contract obligation for another 24 months? If we find the $10 add on not worth it, what will it cost to cancel?

In my experience, they still seem to receive on one day, and ship the next many times, not same day. I have a one day longer turn with them, compared to Nflix.

That's not too bad. I dropped them when they were really having problems a few years ago. Maybe they've improved again since then. My distro center was in STL and for whatever reason they just fell apart. They would tell me they sent disks and a week later nothing had shown up. When I would complain, they'd say their system was new and was messed up and give me some in-store coupons. After a 6 months of the same stuff, I just said the heck with it. It was great service though when it first started.

When BBO first started, when you exchanged a mailed disk for an in-store disk, the mailed disk exchanged was immediately credited as having been returned and a new disk mailed from the queue. I would take in 3 mailed DVDs on Tuesday morning to the store, exchange them for 3 in-store DVDs and the next day receive 3 more DVDs in the mail, so I would have 6 DVDs on hand. This lasted about a year, maybe less as it's been a while. The policy changed so that you received credit immediately for returning a mailed DVD used for an in-store exchange, but they didn't mail another DVD from your queue until you returned the store DVDs. I don't think this has changed. I quit BBO when the turnaround times became silly. What had been "send it in one day, they receive the next, and mail out a new one received the following day" became "send it in one day, they receive it 2 or 3 days later, mail another out a day or so after that". I hope that's improved.

Yes, it seems the policy of when the credit was issued is not universal. Depends on the store, just as is the store version of Blockbuster Movie Pass.

That's not too bad. I dropped them when they were really having problems a few years ago. Maybe they've improved again since then. My distro center was in STL and for whatever reason they just fell apart. They would tell me they sent disks and a week later nothing had shown up. When I would complain, they'd say their system was new and was messed up and give me some in-store coupons. After a 6 months of the same stuff, I just said the heck with it. It was great service though when it first started.

IMO, they are better than they were a few years ago, best service Ive had out of them so far (tried em 3 or 4 times)

Not really Jason- I can exchange 2 per day or an average of 60 movies a month. It used to be a super deal when the cost was $4.99 a movie for BD. Granted it's not for everyone but I'm retired now so I have the time. Today, the price is $2.99 for new releases the first month and 99 cents for after. Still I can get about 1/3 the cost for my movie rentals on the average. However, with the quality of Netflix, and hopefully Dish and Hulu if acquired. I may just drop the store Movie pass and go your route with a Dish 3 out at a time package. I think it will be a cold day in hell when Netflix gets beat for price and quality plus quantity, but you never know. When things change, I change.

Gotcha. I have 6 redbox's by me on the way home from work, if they'd perfect their BR collection Id just use them, but their selection SUCKS. :)

Scott- if we sign up for the $10 addon, will that impact our contract obligation for another 24 months? If we find the $10 add on not worth it, what will it cost to cancel?
Nope no contract extension. And like any other DISH programming package if you have it longer then 30 days there is no fee to cancel it.

Many of thoses ARENT movie channels, thats my point.

The slide plainly says "more than 20 PREMIUM movie channels"

Actually, that's not what the slide said. I just rechecked the video to make sure. What it does say is...

"More than 20 Premium Channels"

I agree that the difference is obscure, but there is a difference. Now, did Dish use that terminology knowing that many would see "Premium Movie Channels"... I don't know. But the slide didn't say "more than 20 PREMIUM movie channels".

Cheers

We have a blockbuster in walking distance from our house. This has peaked intrest in me in regards to Dish

Anony55 said:
Actually, that's not what the slide said. I just rechecked the video to make sure. What it does say is...

"More than 20 Premium Channels"

I agree that the difference is obscure, but there is a difference. Now, did Dish use that terminology knowing that many would see "Premium Movie Channels"... I don't know. But the slide didn't say "more than 20 PREMIUM movie channels".

Cheers

You are right. I must be taking too much cold medicine.

You are right. I must be taking too much cold medicine.

LOL, Not really. More than likely, you saw what they "wanted" you to see.

I'm just used to this kind of trickery in terminology. In my business, the main distributor that I deal with pulls this kind of thing all the time. From doing business with them, I've learned to catch that stuff.

Don't feel bad at all. I'd bet that most people saw it the way you did.

Cheers

isaacmorseMI said:
Why are they not promoting this on the website? Seems stupid to me.

Maybe on October 1st?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)