DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

alane said:
A simple fix for that will be to exclude any PPV type programming from the streaming option. And I assume it will be like that.

I was under the impression that the original post believed that the Blu Ray discs would be the competitor to PPV. I can't think of a single instance where a movie was in the PPV window and available as part of Netflix or Amazon's free streaming services. Things usually only hit streaming much later (like when they've hit movie channels like Starz).

Yes, I do understand that. But what I want is control over what I get, I always want 1 movie and 1 game. If they are all mixed in the queue and things are unavailable or unreleased then I might end up with 2 movies or 2 games instead of forcing the 1 game 1 movie I want. I wanted to know if they have separate queues or a way to force 1 game 1 movie or if I have to set up my queue to make sure it pulls a movie when I send a movie back and a game when I send a game back.

I am a current bb customer with 2 out at a time. I have the ability to set up 2 queues, ie one for me and one for kids, and when my movie is returned they sent the next on my list and the same with the kids list, so I am assuming this won't change when they implement the new system and that you should be able to have one list for movies and one list for games, so when you returned a movie you would get your next movie mailed to you, and likewise, when you return a game the next game on your list would be mailed to you.

I am a current bb customer with 2 out at a time. I have the ability to set up 2 queues, ie one for me and one for kids, and when my movie is returned they sent the next on my list and the same with the kids list, so I am assuming this won't change when they implement the new system and that you should be able to have one list for movies and one list for games, so when you returned a movie you would get your next movie mailed to you, and likewise, when you return a game the next game on your list would be mailed to you.

Thanks! That is exactly what I was asking. So you have 1 disc dedicated to "your queue" and one to your "kids queue"? So if you kept a "kids" movie for 6 months but kept returning "your" movies it would keep pulling from "your" queue?

Thanks! That is exactly what I was asking. So you have 1 disc dedicated to "your queue" and one to your "kids queue"? So if you kept a "kids" movie for 6 months but kept returning "your" movies it would keep pulling from "your" queue?

Yes, exactly. For a while we had the 3 disc plan and it allowed me to assign 2 discs to my queue and 1 disc to the kids queue. I am assuming that these options will be retained when dish makes changes to integrate things, but you know the old saying about assuming things. Hopefully, dish will maintain this feature.

Do we know if the streaming at first will only be through the 622, 722(k) ad pc? It seems like it won't be on the TV's and BD players with the app, but what about smart phones? My Thunderbolt has a Blockbuster app. Is that kin to the TV/BD or separate?

They will want it available to the highest number of customers. The number of 922 receivers out there isn't that high, at least not as high as 622 or 722/722k numbers.

Just got off a chat with Dish Network and two different reps told me that the BMP will be ready for 922 on October 1st. Quote "It will support the VIP 922 receiver, It will start on 1st October 2011" I hope they are correct.

Just got off a chat with Dish Network and two different reps told me that the BMP will be ready for 922 on October 1st. Quote "It will support the VIP 922 receiver, It will start on 1st October 2011" I hope they are correct.

Two Dish CSR's? Then it must be true.

What Dish is doing is absolutely great! Bundling the services is the key here!
It is great to have a choice of content delivery method in one attractively priced plan.
For some movies I may prefer the convenience of streaming. For others I will insist
on the best possible picture and sound quality, which means Blu-ray!
Am I going to watch three times more movies just because I have three different ways to get them?
Of course not! But I will be a happier customer because I have more options.
This is the advantage that NetFlix had until recently and gave it up!

Good summary.

Scott how did the blockbuster meet and great go?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Thanks KAB, I was indeed simply mocking the various answers we get on the phone. No offense meant to the poster.....

I got on chat also.. The rep said it was going to be on the 922.. I told him that dishsupport.com says it won't be.. He asked me to hold for a minute.. Then came back and said sorry.. It will not be for the 922 or the 612.. They will be at a later date...

This may have been asked and answered but with 354 posts, it is a ton of messages to search through.
So, I have BB subscription for 1 out at a time. Next renewal date is Oct 1st. They will suck money from my checking account. I just renewed the dish platinum to get back the channels I lost when my 3 months ran out. Now???? Will the BB acount and the platinum merge with only the $10.00 per month or should I cancell the BB before Oct 1st and make sure I do not get dinged for the October payment to BB?

RT.

Yes, I do understand that. But what I want is control over what I get, I always want 1 movie and 1 game. If they are all mixed in the queue and things are unavailable or unreleased then I might end up with 2 movies or 2 games instead of forcing the 1 game 1 movie I want. I wanted to know if they have separate queues or a way to force 1 game 1 movie or if I have to set up my queue to make sure it pulls a movie when I send a movie back and a game when I send a game back.

I subscribe to BB mail service and have the 2 disc plan. I emailed BB yesterday asking about setting up two separate queues, like one for kids movies, one for my movies, or one for movies, one for games. The answer I got back was that you cannot do that.

Ghpr13:)

Last edited:

Steaming Movies with the BBMP

By Mail Queue Problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)