DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

I also have L688 on my 722k, and it still says Dish Platinum on the menu interface. There is no mention of Blockbuster Movie Pass anywhere on my 722k.

Got the blockbuster movie pass menu on the 722, not on the 622 yet. Of course the 622 is on internet, and not the 722. Gonna have to upgrade to wifi on the 722

It knocked out the EHD, and all are now not recognized. Anyone else having that problem. or do I need to do something?

Thanks

I just pressed the DVR button and BBMP was the third one down, on both receivers. 722k with 688. Not there yesterday with same software.

I also have L688 on my 722k, and it still says Dish Platinum on the menu interface. There is no mention of Blockbuster Movie Pass anywhere on my 722k.
Showed up on my 722K last night after I pulled the the power supply and did a power down/power up. There was no change on the L688, had L688 for weeks.

922 and other non-streaming features of BMP

yeah,the 612 is later also. matt said the 922 would become supported in october just not on the 1st

Lucky me I have a 922 only. I am curious if they will still turn on the other features of Blockbuster Movie Pass on 10/1/11 so I can use the dvd/bluray/game by mail option until steaming comes live? Also, I already have a Blockbuster on Demand (no monthly subscription) with the same email as my dish account, will this automatically be registered for BMP?

It knocked out the EHD, and all are now not recognized. Anyone else having that problem. or do I need to do something?
The EHD on my 722 w/L677 is still working as usual. I do not have a 622.

Lucky me I have a 922 only. I am curious if they will still turn on the other features of Blockbuster Movie Pass on 10/1/11 so I can use the dvd/bluray/game by mail option until steaming comes live? Also, I already have a Blockbuster on Demand (no monthly subscription) with the same email as my dish account, will this automatically be registered for BMP?
i guess we will see tommorrow

Showed up on my 722K last night after I pulled the the power supply and did a power down/power up. There was no change on the L688, had L688 for weeks.

I guess it takes a couple of days for the menu to change. For 2 days after receiving L688 the menu still said Dish Platinum. However, I just turned on my receiver, and now the menu has changed to 'Blockbuster Movie Pass'.

The whole being able to rent video games might be larger than anyone anticipates. Dish is rolling a lot into a single service. And at $15 a month, you get platinum channels, BB streaming, and 2 discs?! Are you serious? Even the naysayers are having problems complaining about this.
I would assume so. I sub to HBO and it's there. Having it is a MAJOR improvement to Dish on Demand IMO.
Definitely agree. This could be a huge improvement for Dish as a whole. Sports and sat line-of-sight may become the only reason to go with Directv.

Yes, there will be federated log in across all Dish/BB sites. Use your usual Dish r Dish.com log in and password.

I read as much of this thread as I could. I read the first 25 pages and then the last 3. I am a current Blockbuster by mail customer with 2 discs at a time and a Dish Platinum subscriber. I also have Netflix streaming only. I understand that I will probably have to cancel my Blockbuster subscription and then make a new one through Dish.

We have a 722k in the family room but that is not where I currently do most of my streaming. My family uses that room and they don't stream at all. I have a brand new Toshiba 46" 1080p LED tv with 3d and a bluray player with a 5.1 system that I use for streaming in my man cave/sports room/basement. That setup is connected to a 211k with EHD. I know I can't use the 211k for the blockbuster streaming but both my Bluray player and my TV have wifi with Blockbuster, Netflix, and other apps built in.

I know people who use Blockbuster's current streaming option where you pay by the movie can't sign up for the Dish/Blockbuster service yet. My question is can those of us who make an account through the Dish/Blockbuster service use other devices that already have Blockbuster streaming built in use those other devices with this new service? There are plenty of TVs, Bluray players, smartphones, etc... that have Blockbuster apps already. If we can't use those with the new service I don't see myself using the streaming much. I will still get the plan because it is the same price as I am paying for just the discs currently.

I ask again. Where is the Blockbuster option on the menu and what software do you need to get it?
It's #3 on the Dish on Demand menu after you hit the DVR button once. If it isn't there then it hasn't rolled out to you yet. Now the streaming isn't set up yet though, just the dnld still.

According to the numbers already announced, I don't think we'll see any new content, just a re-branding of what's already there for now. That's 3000-5000 titles, of which about 700 are HD. Hopefully many more to come later when the new data center is online.

New data center?
When Scott went to visit the DISH Uplink Center during the last Team Summit. He told us that some Echostar employees pointed out a massive new datacenter that was going in right next to the uplink center. They couldn't say what it was for at the time, but that it was scheduled to go online in November and that he would find it's purpose rather "interesting."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts