DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

Got the blockbuster movie pass menu on the 722, not on the 622 yet. Of course the 622 is on internet, and not the 722. Gonna have to upgrade to wifi on the 722

It knocked out the EHD, and all are now not recognized. Anyone else having that problem. or do I need to do something?

Thanks

Yes, I have the BB listed now and it seems to have knocked out my EHD also. I didn't relate them until I saw your post.

L677 here two nights ago. DISH Platinum changed to BBMP overnight. My EHD is not having trouble. :confused: The adaptive streaming RULES compared to the old/slow overnight download. I too show stream quality of 4 green boxes.

Who do you think will wait up until 12:01am tonight to give us details of the update ? :D
Since you have been all over it until now, I would have presumed it would be you.:D

PWGuy said:
I have the streaming movies available on my 622 with 635 now. I tried to view an SD movie and found that I would get about 30 seconds of buffering then about 5 or 10 seconds of movie. Just tested my dowload speed at a bit over 10 megabits/sec. I was almost always able to view Netflix HD with no problems.

So it is up but not working well for me. Of course the service hasn't officially started yet either.

Similar experience for me this evening. HD content would play for a few minutes, then there would be a 10-15 sec. delay and the "buffering screen" would appear, play for a few minutes, buffer, ... Finally the content froze and when I went back into the main menu it was reported the download did not complete. I have a 722 and am using the built in Dish HomePlug for the access.

I've not had any issues with my Netfix capable BD player sitting next to it with streaming HD content, albeit it is WiFi.

If I can overcome the performance problems with the Dish streaming I will strongly consider eliminating my NF sub.

Similar experience for me this evening. HD content would play for a few minutes, then there would be a 10-15 sec. delay and the "buffering screen" would appear, play for a few minutes, buffer, ... Finally the content froze and when I went back into the main menu it was reported the download did not complete. I have a 722 and am using the built in Dish HomePlug for the access.

I've not had any issues with my Netfix capable BD player sitting next to it with streaming HD content, albeit it is WiFi.

If I can overcome the performance problems with the Dish streaming I will strongly consider eliminating my NF sub.

The answer is to select the "Watch Later" option,give it time to get a good start buffering,it would be even better to let it finish buffering then select "Watch".HD content is alot more information and takes more time to download.I also have access to Netflix and have watched an HD program with no problems,Dish Network is supposed to be working on the problem of the length of time it takes to buffer an HD program.

When I watched the HD program from NetFlix for some reason it did not look right,compared to watching an HD program on my 722k.:confused:

I got notification from DISH that the 922 and 612 will not support the Blockbuster Movie Pass at release, and that support for the 922 and 612 is expected in NOVEMBER.

Also I got home tonight and notice my DVR now listed DISH Platinum is now listed as Blockbuster Movie Pass (See image below) IMG_20110930_203152.jpg

The answer is to select the "Watch Later" option,give it time to get a good start buffering,it would be even better to let it finish buffering then select "Watch".
If that's the 'answer' or solution, what's new ? Anyone used to true streaming or "on demand" will quickly tire of waiting 30, 60, 120 minutes before you can start watching !
When I watched the HD program from NetFlix for some reason it did not look right,compared to watching an HD program on my 722k.:confused:
Netflix's "HD" was anything but !! It was good, but not HD, more like DVD quality, IMO.

New to all of this streaming. Once downloaded, can the movies be deleted? I can't seem to find a way to remove them from "MY Rentals". Do they take up space on the hard drive?

Streaming does not equal downloaded. There's nothing to delete other than the 'name' or listing. No space is taken up (or shouldn't be otherwise it's not "streaming"!).

Streaming does not equal downloaded. There's nothing to delete other than the 'name' or listing. No space is taken up (or shouldn't be otherwise it's not "streaming"!).
Thanks Hall. Please bear with me as I am a couple of notches below novice. So what is showing up in "MY Rentals"? Is it just a link to that show or movie?

If that's the 'answer' or solution, what's new ? Anyone used to true streaming or "on demand" will quickly tire of waiting 30, 60, 120 minutes before you can start watching !
Netflix's "HD" was anything but !! It was good, but not HD, more like DVD quality, IMO.

Hopefully this "adaptive streaming" will be the answer,if not,then I would imagine we will hear"Houston,we have a problem"!.:mad:

Yea that's what I thought too what NetFlix's HD looked like.:rant:

Netflix hd streaming on my oppo looks phenomenal, not quite vudu hdx but close. That's on a 6mbps dsl connection.

I think a lot of what you get from Netflix depends on the device.