DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

So what is showing up in "MY Rentals"? Is it just a link to that show or movie?
Probably :) The way to sorta tell is to select it and have it play. If it plays right away, it's stored on the drive. If it takes 15-30 seconds or a minute to two to buffer, it's NOT on the drive and is re-streaming it. If that's what happens, it's just a 'link'.

I actually think there's copyright aspects related to "streaming" vs other viewing methods. With streaming licensing, the owners of the movie or whatever basically forbid the show to be stored.

The answer is to select the "Watch Later" option,give it time to get a good start buffering,it would be even better to let it finish buffering then select "Watch".HD content is alot more information and takes more time to download.I also have access to Netflix and have watched an HD program with no problems,Dish Network is supposed to be working on the problem of the length of time it takes to buffer an HD program.

Good advice. I will try this...download and watch later vs. streaming on demand...until Dish gets the kinks worked out (which could be quite awhile based on their history in rectifying problems!).

As I mentioned just a few posts up, on the 722k, I'm seeing the new menu entry and THERE WAS NO SOFTWARE UPDATE INVOLVED. I'm running the same version as I have been for many weeks now. Don't know the number off the top of my head though. Checked dishuser.org and it says L688 is current and that sounds awfully familiar.

I have the same software as you do : L688. I wonder if the reason why I'm not seeing the Blockbuster pass is because I already subscribe to Platinum pack?

Netflix hd streaming on my oppo looks phenomenal, not quite vudu hdx but close. That's on a 6mbps dsl connection.

I think a lot of what you get from Netflix depends on the device.

Same excellent NF HD streaming on my Panny 210 with the same 6 mps down via DSL. Downloading from Dish the pq is also excellent IF it ever downloads............... And YES that's with waiting overnight after selecting WATCH LATER. More often than not it never downloads and I get the "unable to download" message.:rant: Sure hope that changes.
Ed

New software is rolling out which will change the Dish Platinum to say blockbuster movie pass.

I don't think there will be any other ui changes for the October 1st rollout.

Okay, what will the number be that for that software? I just got L688 a few days ago , and I thought that would be the updated needed for the Blockbuster pass. What happens if tomorrow comes and I want to get the Blockbuster pass ? I already subscribe to Platinum pack so maybe that is the reason I don't get the Blockbuster pass?

dan188 said:
you cant force a update

Mostly true. Once your receiver is targeted you can force an update by putting both tuners in standby. But until your receiver is targeted dan is right, you can't force an update.

Netflix's "HD" was anything but !! It was good, but not HD, more like DVD quality, IMO.
Yea that's what I thought too what NetFlix's HD looked like.:rant:
You guys either had a problem with your Internet connections, networking configuration, or NF devices.

Netflix hd streaming on my oppo looks phenomenal, not quite vudu hdx but close. That's on a 6mbps dsl connection.
I think a lot of what you get from Netflix depends on the device.
What he said.

15 minutes ago mine still said platinum. I reset the 722k.. And there is was.. BlockBuster movie pass.. I tried one of the free movies and was watching in less then a minute.. And I don't have very fast DSL here..

Well I'm running the streaming right now it's working. The interface is still a PITA. They will need to add many more movies. But it's working well no break ups or freezing.

red button reset/ plug rest works on showing BB movie pass not platinum but it shows the same amount of movies as prior platinum. The movie pass should be redone to mimic netflix crackle etc .. user GUI via net and stb. I know its new 3hr old but some things that could be improved.

One thing that needs to be changed ASAP is the location of the my rental that shows movies you have "streamed" should be linked into the BB movie pass locations or a quick buttion like on the new 21.0 remotes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts