DISH Cheers Ruling on AutoHop, PrimeTime Anytime

Very hard to say.Does anyone know what autohop and ptat requirements are,as far as ram and storage?That might give an indication as to whether or not they could handle it.

I dont think we will see PTAT on the VIP boxes. Besides the hard drive space, the CPU is no fast enough to process the streams like the Hopper does.

Hall said:
Just like mentioned above for the 922, does the 722k have sufficient storage space ? Will Dish take away "their" (PPV, VOD) space or the user's space ?

There's always the option of asking/warning/telling the user, "If you wish to enable AutoHop and PTAT, 'x' amount of storage space will be req'd, reducing the amount of space to store programming...", etc, etc.

I've not seen any hints that PTAT is coming to VIP, only auto-hop. Additional storage needs would be insignificant.

I've not seen any hints that PTAT is coming to VIP, only auto-hop. Additional storage needs would be insignificant.
I'm 99% certain the two go hand-in-hand. Well, at least in the case of Autohop, it NEEDS PTAT. PTAT obviously doesn't need Autohop.

I'm 99% certain the two go hand-in-hand. Well, at least in the case of Autohop, it NEEDS PTAT. PTAT obviously doesn't need Autohop.

Agreed,autohop is only available on the big 4 networks.So,don't think it would be much use without ptat.Who knows though they might could change the s/w to work differently.

You assume that the two features are separable. I'm convinced they are not. I suspect that AutoHop for other than the Hopper is probably a pipe dream.

Surely it could be done (in much the same way as the old VCRs did it), but I don't think it is in the cards as long as the Hopper is a handy way of extending your commitment.

harshness said:
You assume that the two features are separable. I'm convinced they are not. I suspect that AutoHop for other than the Hopper is probably a pipe dream.

Surely it could be done (in much the same way as the old VCRs did it), but I don't think it is in the cards as long as the Hopper is a handy way of extending your commitment.

Except your view ignores Scott's previous statements. Unless you have some concrete information, I'm inclined to believe Scott's sources. Especially since I can't think of any benefit to Dish of leaking out incorrect information of the sort.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

dangue said:
Except your view ignores Scott's previous statements. Unless you have some concrete information, I'm inclined to believe Scott's sources. Especially since I can't think of any benefit to Dish of leaking out incorrect information of the sort.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have to agree with you. I see no reason not to believe scott. I also see no reason for ptat and autohop to need each other as others have posted. Autohop is simply software that removes the commercials. As scott mentioned that software is already sitting and waiting to be activated.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

We've been told that the software looks for 'markers' in each program and that those are added literally by hand in the hours after broadcast, hence why it's not available for a few hours.

Why would it need PTAT? Others have reported auto-hop enabled non-PTAT recordings of the big 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)