Dish dispute with Sinclair...reached deal in principle

oh I know.... 3 years ago they were at each other (Dish and Sinclair) and I know Comcast has had issues with them too
The Wikipedia page for Sinclair says they had significant disputes with Suddenlink, Mediacom, Time Warner and Comcast in the last six years. The most recent Time Warner cage match was epic.

Sinclair's carriage contracts seem to run about 3-4 years.

Three Nashville stations(WNAB,WZTV,WUXP) are Sinclair owned and I think there is one in Chattanooga,WTVC that is owned by Sinclair as well. Bummer for Dish subs

Are the DTVPals (or the Channel Master CM-7000Pal) still available?

Amazon lists a Channel Master CM-7400 but it sells for $344.99.
Both are discontinued but are on ebay as used or refurbished you just have to hunt for them. CM7400 is current but more expensive.

This could last a while. Sinclair is just as bullheaded as Dish.
I thought they just finished feuding a few years ago. Sinclair owns the Fox and CW affiliates in OKC.

The DTVPal Dvr and its twin sister Channel Master dvr are really good. Mine has been chugging along reliably since I got it. Its nice too that you can replace the hard drive if it goes bad and it will format it and go right back to work.

Something must be done to stop stations and carriers from pulling stations and leave them up while they negotaiate :)

Last edited:
The big 4 networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC) have decided that carriage fees are the new gold mine. They are now cutting in on the local station's take from the cable/DBS fees. So, the local stations ask for more to cover the network's take. The big 4 have the most power since they are the most watched stations.

Sinclair has been bullheaded in all of their negotiations. Bottom line, they are still on the air with all of them. Somebody bent, guess who....

My local NBC WTWC-40 is on that list, but I didn't see our ABC, WTXL-27... I thought they were both Sinclair owned but I guess not, or I over looked it. I just watched NBC Nightly News and didn't see a crawl on it though.

oh I know.... 3 years ago they were at each other (Dish and Sinclair) and I know Comcast has had issues with them too

As Tampa earlier mentioned, Time Warner, Insight, Comcast, Mediacom, probably more...they have all had disputes with Sinclair. Nothing new here.

You could also "move" to an adjacent market...BUT, considering how many markets Sinclair owns, THAT may not necessarily be a solution!
In our area, our ABC is affected - BUT, adjacent markets to us are:

St. Louis, where ABC is ALSO affected
Peoria/Bloomington, where FOX is affected
Harrisburg/Cape Girardeau/Paducah, where FOX & MNT is affected (& this would be one of the LAST markets I would ever want to "move" to! :eek: )

At least with Chicago being all network O&O'd, NO Sinclair stations up there, LOL :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts