Dish Find (BUD) What is it?(Pics)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had thought of that too. I just checked. I haven't looked at my 6' dish in so long I forgot how fine the mesh was. The 10' is bigger...but it is not like some I have seen....Won't do squat on Ku. Seems to me they say if you can get a pencil through it, forget Ku.

On the 6' there is like 5 holes under the penny and on the 10' it is just 3 1/2 or so.

What do you guys think? Do I now have a $20 10' C band dish?

Yep that is C band only mesh. You will notice not only are the holes large but that the surface is rougher than the tighter mesh on the Ku compatible 6 ft dish.

The mesh on my dish looks the same as yours. It works very well on C band, but KU was poor. A one meter solid dish performs much better on KU.

I was going by the 1/4 inch or pencil size rule and it is not that big. But I'll bet you guys are right...might do Ku but not as good as the 6'.

Your mesh is identical to mine. Ku performance was BAD. The .75m Ch Master did better. So I mounted the .75 on the BUD.
The name Sch??? , is probably the name of the guy who made the mold for the casting. And then the company who cast it. They may have made the whole dish, or just the mount for another company.

Attachments

• GEDC0641_Crop_small.jpg
    GEDC0641_Crop_small.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 97
Your mesh is identical to mine. Ku performance was BAD. The .75m Ch Master did better. So I mounted the .75 on the BUD.
The name Sch??? , is probably the name of the guy who made the mold for the casting. And then the company who cast it. They may have made the whole dish, or just the mount for another company.

Walking in a winter wonderland...

Um, um, I mean...Yes you are probably right. I for sure want good C and Ku, I don't wanna do it again. Back dish hunting...

Very interesting set up. Never seen anyone do that before. Would like to see a pix of how you did the mounting of the KU dish.

Very interesting set up. Never seen anyone do that before. Would like to see a pix of how you did the mounting of the KU dish.

I've seen it somewhere...but not details and I think it was on top.

So Fat Air, all that snow and your location? Must be somewhere around Grand Forks, ND.

Yep, not too far from GF. I thought I posted details on how I mounted the little offset dish to the bud. But I can't find it, or the attachments I would have used. Maybe it's still just a notepad doc somewhere here. Will start another thread.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts