DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

Having been through this with my company in 2022 if this was a ransomware attack it is understandable why they are down so long. Typically the culprits are on your system observing and trying to get sensitive data for the blackmail phase of their actions for a long time before they expose themselves. They will then set off the encryption phase to lock your files. A good IT team will immediately disconnect the systems from the internet and start evaluating how widespread the issue is and if they have good backups start restoring the systems. The larger your system(s) the more monumental this task is. I believe this is why this has taken so long. They will keep the system disconnected from the internet until they have been able to restore and verify their backups. They also have to make sure the ransomware files have not infected their backups or it will just happen again. This will take time. You can also assume they are working with the FBI’s cyber crime unit.

You know, with all the crap the major "news" networks present as "news", you'd think that one of them would take up this story: a large corporation's customer service down for 4 days and employees not able to work. (Of course maybe they did and I blinked my eyes and just missed it.)
Decent sized government agencies have been hit without it getting on the news. This becomes news if the TV signal goes out.

I swear, it is like some people can't handle a few days of very minor adversity.

New computers have arrived at Dish-
View attachment 160890
and ready to go-
View attachment 160891
TRS-80 did not work out, so to update their systems, they have decided to go with the Amiga.
36879B51-C733-4FD9-A2EA-CBD192578482.png

I believe there is still a group on that one, keeping them in service. It was a wonderful thing at the time, ruined by their use of “Guru Meditations” instead of a more business like error message.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I swear, it is like some people can't handle a few days of very minor adversity.
This outage hasn't affected me at all -- I never said it has. On average, I probably go to the Dish website once every three or four months. I was just trying to have some empathy for the Dish employees and Dish customers who are affected by this. My bad. And I was wondering why it hasn't been picked up, even in the smallest manner, by the major media outlets ?????

Last edited:
Well, "technical difficulties" is better than "indifference and apathy".

What's the difference?

In my case I need to get a "hit" sent to a receiver that had been unplugged for a while. I guess that won't be happening for a while. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: BarnRat
What's the difference?

In my case I need to get a "hit" sent to a receiver that had been unplugged for a while. I guess that won't be happening for a while. :rolleyes:
Won’t the box at least start working overnight or in 2-3 days after it updates manually from the satellite? Or is that just directv?

yes i cant get into the dish app i cant log into mydish.com or even call dish and my bill is due soon im angry and gustrated

I am seeing some resports online that DISH is having some issues including with the phone system and their websites.

Anyone having issues?
Due to low vision my wife uses Alexa to control the H3. The Dish voice control requires her to hold the microphone button and confirm what she asked by reading the screen. She cannot do that well. Alexa is all verbal commands and responses. The current Dish down situation has stopped the Alexa control.