DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

It still doesn’t appear they’re able to cancel service yet. I don’t really want to wait on hold all day to find out. The number that retention gave me on Sunday doesn’t even seem to work. And the number to loyalty seems to route me to the same menu as the main number. When you say “cancel service,” it just tells you that they’d only be able to move your service. At some point preventing people to cancel their service is going to cause some legal issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called a few days ago to drop the Latino Bonus Pack which I planned on doing during the outage. I was given the option for a callback instead of waiting, and an hour or so later I got the call. Everything went fine and I got confirmation that the pack was removed, but she couldn't back date the drop to save me the additional $3-4 I would have saved if I could have dropped it on the 9th as planned.

I logged into mydish today and verified that the pack and billing was removed, but I'm still receiving those channels on my receiver. I guess the receiver hasn't received an updated hit yet? Before when I would add or remove packs the channels would reflect the change within 15 minutes.

Out of precaution, I changed my username, password, PIN and security question.

My.dish.com still does not work using Safari on my IPhone. I cleared the history to make sure it was not using a cached version.
I also tried Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome on my laptop and neither work.
They all display a message Thank you for your patience, Make a payment link, and frequently asked questions.

I saw you guys reporting that the web site was working so my hope was to see if I could redeem a certificate for a free movie but not yet. I just need to be patient.

My.dish.com still does not work using Safari on my IPhone. I cleared the history to make sure it was not using a cached version.
They all display a message Thank you for your patience, Make a payment link, and frequently asked questions.

I saw you guys reporting that the web site was working so my hope was to see if I could redeem a certificate for a free movie but not yet. I just need to be patient.

Works here

Reactions: charlesrshell

Same thing for me too using the mydish app.

Reactions: BarnRat

I did not receive my certificate this month under the military program.

I had a similar issue but upon connecting via NordVPN to Denver, CO the site was completely working. You may try this..

Funny thing, when the regional area manager was here last week and we asked about just paying the ransom, he said, have you ever seen that grouchy old guy in Colorado pay for anything? Channel disputes? Have you seen any regional sports? And then I just laughed.
...And apparently too cheap to pay for good cyber security protection.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
...And apparently too cheap to pay for good cyber security protection.
Literally, Kaspersky Free Edition could have slowed or stopped it.
A regedit on your machine to turn off ISO, IMG Default Action of Mount, would probably have stopped it. We do this for our banks. This is an email attack that tricks the end user.
Checkpoint Harmony is like $10 / Machine, with centralized reporting.
Windows Defender is worthless.

I had a similar issue but upon connecting via NordVPN to Denver, CO the site was completely working. You may try this..
When you use a VPN, you are not using the DNSes configured on your computer since it's the VPN that really connects to the destination and the VPN just sends the data back to you so it is the VPN that is DNS querying before it connects.

Again its a DNS issue. Your ISP's DNS servers have not updated to the new server address IP's of DISH's new servers.

It should clear up in a few hours.

In technical terms someone at DISH set the domain TTL settings too high. :D
And there is a fix for that too on the user end which would only work if the it's your DNS cache that's the problem and not the cache of the DNS Servers you are using:

You can change DNS to Quad9.com 9.9.9.9 or OPENDNS 208.67.220.220 or 8.8.8.8 (GoogleDNS).
Quad9 refuses malware sites. OPENDNS does also. So you can use the first as primary and open as 2nd. They update faster.
Quad 9 is a non-profit. OPENDNS is owned by Cisco.

You can change DNS to Quad9.com 9.9.9.9 or OPENDNS 208.67.220.220 or 8.8.8.8 (GoogleDNS).
Quad9 refuses malware sites. OPENDNS does also. So you can use the first as primary and open as 2nd. They update faster.
They still update based on the TTL in the zone files of the DNS itself so depending when the clock started ticking. You also want the shortest path and lowest latency between the DNS you use and yourself.

That's true. But your DNS provider also may delay updates on their own I believe.
I think most people either use their ISPs or one of the well known public DNSes. So eventually it will update depending on how long the TTL is. Just checked and the TTL for dish.com and mydish.com is 0 secs.
Code:
nslookup -debug dish.com
Server:         172.18.208.1
Address:        172.18.208.1#53

------------
    QUESTIONS:
        dish.com, type = A, class = IN
    ANSWERS:
    ->  dish.com
        internet address = 66.170.250.4
        ttl = 0
    AUTHORITY RECORDS: