DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

They used to have retailer chats for the dealers, in one episode hosted by Jim Defranco and some back office guy they were talking up how John Fogerty was going to be performing at Team Summit and how much they loved his music and how great he was. Jim asks the guy what his favorite John Fogerty song was, and he says "I don't know, what's yours?" Jim replies, "I don't know either!" Between the two of them they couldn't name one song :biggrin

I still cannot watch MSNBC's live tv on AppleTV or any web browser. When I enter my DISH login, it says "Unfortunately, this stream is not available with your cable subscription."
I heard a rumor (ie not confirmed) that some channels won't let Dish connect to their systems until Dish can verify with them their connection is safe.

They used to have retailer chats for the dealers, in one episode hosted by Jim Defranco and some back office guy they were talking up how John Fogerty was going to be performing at Team Summit and how much they loved his music and how great he was. Jim asks the guy what his favorite John Fogerty song was, and he says "I don't know, what's yours?" Jim replies, "I don't know either!" Between the two of them they couldn't name one song :biggrin
That was a great show though. I was right in the front row for that one. :D

I heard a rumor (ie not confirmed) that some channels won't let Dish connect to their systems until Dish can verify with them their connection is safe.
HBO Max must not trust DISH yet either. My friend is still complaining that he can't sign in with DISH as his provider and he has HBO through DISH.

I believe the app will need an update. To pay now just head over to mydish.com
Having monitored the app during all the drama, I can tell the are making progress to bring the app back. Up until today, it was totally unresponsive just, "wasn't there". Today it is opening and will give a "whoops" message with a couple of options. As far as I see, getting the app back to 100% will very likely restore all the damage done by the hack. I'm betting the app will be righted within the next day or so.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Dish called back my friend about them showing a $400 bill and he told them he just wanted to disconnect again and after a few words she said fine and transfered him to the Disco people and the message said "Your wait will be at least 44 minutes and left his number for a call back and once again still waiting for that call" that was yesterday. :biggrin

I got a hold of someone today to complete my cancellation. Literally the moment she answered my call the system crashed on her. We chatted for a bit and she assured me she’d take care of it once everything was back up. A little later in the day the cancellation went through. She said she had already canceled 18 accounts for the day and this was around 11:00 central time. My total hold time was around 2 hours. 1 hour on the main line and another hour after they transferred me to retention. My hold time was supposed to only be 37 minutes and I never had an option to receive a callback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a hold of someone today to complete my cancellation. Literally the moment she answered my call the system crashed on her. We chatted for a bit and she assured me she’d take care of it once everything was back up. A little later in the day the cancellation went through. She said she had already canceled 18 accounts for the day and this was around 11:00 central time. My total hold time was around 2 hours. 1 hour on the main line and another hour after they transferred me to retention. My hold time was supposed to only be 37 minutes and I never had an option to receive a callback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks drwatson618 for that information. I printed it off for him to read so he knows he is not the only one having trouble.
He has been pretty upset so I would not be suprised if the call back options was offered to him. He is old and gets a few storys mixed up. Do you mind me asking did you just call the regular 333-3474 number? I gave him the use to be retention number 888-496-1260 but i dont think he tried it.

He has been pretty upset so I would not be suprised if the call back options was offered to him. He is old and gets a few storys mixed up. Do you mind me asking did you just call the regular 333-3474 number? I gave him the use to be retention number 888-496-1260 but i dont think he tried it.
I called the x1260 number, but at this point I don’t think it directs anyone to retention. I think the first line of defense is front line CSRs. They still had to forward me. Last Sunday when I spoke to retention he told me to call 888-383-2309 to avoid the wait just to wait some more. But this number has never worked for me.

Reactions: Bruno