DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

Unless you are a Dish employee/retailer/contractor, those numbers are probably useless to you.
I was a Dish Retailer for more than 12 years.Would that count? I would only HOPE you know i was only joking. I quit when they came out with the hopper. I really think that they came out with the hopper when home phones were no longer a thing and charlie could not sleep at night thinking a person had 4 recievers on a account and he didnt really know where there were located.

I did not receive a bill notice as it was normally generated prior to Dish coming back online. I was able to login see my bill and pay all online. It even remembered my credit card information. I received a payment confirmation email right. away.

I did not receive my rental certificate for March nor April yet. April may come in the next few days.

I did see I had a open work order for a tech call that I could not cancel. I tried calling but way too busy.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I was a Dish Retailer for more than 12 years.Would that count? I would only HOPE you know i was only joking. I quit when they came out with the hopper. I really think that they came out with the hopper when home phones were no longer a thing and charlie could not sleep at night thinking a person had 4 recievers on a account and he didnt really know where there were located.
And he still doesn't know where my Hoppers are located. Geolocation doesn't even come close to my actual locations.

A bit more info.

Seems like the original post on reddit has been deleted so only the comments are there, did anyone actually see what was the message they saw on the computers? The other thing is, is the person really a DISH employee and was what was said what really happened as no one can really verify the information being authentic.

If you have an "Outdoor" account and meet some equipment requirements that I have no specifics for, you can change your service address as needed using the MyDish app on your phone. The app uses the phone's GPS to determine your current location and the appropriate locals. All that's required for verification is a rolling "Secure code" that's found on the diagnostics page of your receiver.
Do you recall if there was an extra charge, or fee for your “Outdoor” account. I’d call Dish to ask but they seem to be a little backed up on customer service calls right now.

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that the ability to use PayPal was not available on that temporary "pay-by-account-number" website. Now that the full featured MyDish site is back, I'd have thought the ability to use PayPal would be back too, but it isn't. Has anyone asked Dish whether they've intentionally stopped accepting PayPal, or if it is just temporarily unavailable while the infrastructure to support it is rebuilt?

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that the ability to use PayPal was not available on that temporary "pay-by-account-number" website. Now that the full featured MyDish site is back, I'd have thought the ability to use PayPal would be back too, but it isn't. Has anyone asked Dish whether they've intentionally stopped accepting PayPal, or if it is just temporarily unavailable while the infrastructure to support it is rebuilt?
While it looks like DISH is back online to the general public, I hear they are only about 50 - 60% restored from the hack. I understand they are still imaging a lot of their desktops used by the CSR's. They put what they could online fast to get things looking normal but there are still a lot of missing features. I would guess Paypal is one of those.

I am still not able to transfer shows to my iphone or ipad Dish app. I also had 18 shows transfered before this hack and they are missing. Has anyone else had this problem?

Remember the Audit Police? They used to call accounts with multiple receivers and make you read off the location code on each one and if you couldn't they turned off all your receivers except one. This got a lot of bad will and churn for DISH and they finally did away with the Gestapo dept. :smug

I read customer data was compromised in the hack. Are there any details on that? I’ve been through many breaches so my credit has been frozen for several years, but it would be helpful to know what info was stolen.

Wonder if Paramount/MTV is one of the holdouts? Can someone give MTV a try?

I still cannot log into the app on any of my I-Devices even after deleting and reinstalling the apps. Says “channel is not part of my package” yet I have the Everything pack.
MTV app finally authenticated, so evidently Paramount is satisfied they aren’t going to get corrupted too!

Remember the Audit Police? They used to call accounts with multiple receivers and make you read off the location code on each one and if you couldn't they turned off all your receivers except one. This got a lot of bad will and churn for DISH and they finally did away with the Gestapo dept. :smug
Yes they were called the RATs. I could just see Charlie if he owned Netflix and all the people sharing their accounts. Hell maybe charlie bought into Net and that is why they are now trying to get tough.

While it looks like DISH is back online to the general public, I hear they are only about 50 - 60% restored from the hack. I understand they are still imaging a lot of their desktops used by the CSR's. They put what they could online fast to get things looking normal but there are still a lot of missing features. I would guess Paypal is one of those.
Ya. I’ve been told their entire commercial/business department is still non-functional.