DISH Hopper Carbon UI Testing Forum - PLEASE READ!

Think Dish is listening ? What's sad is, many customers with original Joeys will call in with complaints about the performance and tech support will have them reboot the Joey to 'fix' it and when that doesn't work, they'll replace it with another Joey 1 with the assurance that it will really fix it.
That's what has me looking like Charlie Brown, all my equipment (Hopper 1 and two original Joeys) are in excellent functioning order. Other than my old 211k and one old SD receiver I had, all my other equipment over the years gave me 1 to 1.5 years performance, tops. I'm in the if it isn't broke, don't fix it, group.

I have one HWS using the single tuner OTA dongle and the other HWS with the dual tuner OTA dongle. With the last update to U234, both are stable and working properly.
I have to retract part of this. My HWS with the dual tuner OTA dongle went nuts this morning (again). 4 reboots in the space of 45 minutes. All with the OTA module has been detected notice. I am still on U234 but something broke overnight as 14 days of no reboots has ended. I had to disconnect the OTA dongle to stop the reboots. The other HWS with the single tuner dongle remains stable (so far).:mad:

I had to disconnect the OTA dongle to stop the reboots.
Seems like the dual tuner OTA dongle is still a "work in progress" and one possible reason why they haven't release the software to enable the second tuner. Also, I'm guessing that when they finally enable the second tuner, there will be one of those "one time charges" to activate it.

Reactions: Hall
Seems like the dual tuner OTA dongle is still a "work in progress" and one possible reason why they haven't release the software to enable the second tuner. Also, I'm guessing that when they finally enable the second tuner, there will be one of those "one time charges" to activate it.
There wasn't a one time charge to activate the single tuner dongle, just the cost to buy it. I see nothing different for the dual tuner dongle...

Seems like the dual tuner OTA dongle is still a "work in progress"

What piece of Dish hardware isn't? ;)

Seriously, though. It sucks that Voyager is having the problems he is obviously having with his, but seems like there would be more complaints if those issues were more widespread.

What piece of Dish hardware isn't? ;)

Seriously, though. It sucks that Voyager is having the problems he is obviously having with his, but seems like there would be more complaints if those issues were more widespread.
I believe that there is an incompatibility problem (driver) between the HWS CUI and the dual tuner OTA dongle. There are probably few of these combinations out there right now since the HWS CUI is still not widely distributed. My other HWS (with the CUI) has the single tuner dongle and is not having these reboots. When the U234 update came out on 5/16, the reboots stopped until yesterday. Something changed overnight, maybe a driver update, that caused the reboots to begin again.

I have 3 episodes of Looney Tunes Cartoons recorded. When I try to watch them the HWS starts searching for a Two and a Half Men episode, that it never finds. It eventually goes back to live TV. I can't delete the recording either.

Has anyone noticed the speed difference with the 50.0 and 52.0 remote controls versus the 40.0 with the new CUI and HWS? I am really impressed. I think I am going to give it a honest try to use the new remotes instead of the 40.0. How about Hopper 3? Is the 40.0 seem slower than the new remotes?

For everyone with HWSs, give the new CUI 72 hours to settle in after the download. Both my HWSs had a few strange things going on but settled down in about three days. I didn't wait for a force down, used the app. I did what Hall suggested and unplugged all my Joeys. Did the download to both HWSs at the same time. Then I plugged in my Joeys one at a time till the update was complete. I am surprised that my Joey 1 is working good, just a little more slow. Both my WJs are doing great. Good luck to you.

Reactions: Shooter33
For everyone with HWSs, give the new CUI 72 hours to settle in after the download. Both my HWSs had a few strange things going on but settled down in about three days. I didn't wait for a force down, used the app. I did what Hall suggested and unplugged all my Joeys. Did the download to both HWSs at the same time. Then I plugged in my Joeys one at a time till the update was complete. I am surprised that my Joey 1 is working good, just a little more slow. Both my WJs are doing great. Good luck to you.

How long did it take for your 2 HWs to download ?

I also have 2 HWS and Joey 1. Would update to Hopper 3, but I like the 2 System setup. My wife uses one HWS, and I use the other HWS with an external Hard Drive. Thinking of just letting it update on its own.

Thanks for sharing your experience...I'm used to software changes. Worried about my wife, adjustment to the newer environment. LOL

Steve

Reactions: charlesrshell
I also have 2 HWS and Joey 1. Would update to Hopper 3, but I like the 2 System setup. My wife uses one HWS, and I use the other HWS with an external Hard Drive. Thinking of just letting it update on its own.

Thanks for sharing your experience...I'm used to software changes. Worried about my wife, adjustment to the newer environment. LOL

Steve
I hear ya. My wife is giving me hell.

Well - they succeeded.

Feel like I can go out for a beer when retrieving recordings on my Hopper 1.

Ordered up a new hopper 3.

I really can't complain. the model 1 worked flawless for many years (still does except for the slow interface) but lacks many of the nice features of the newer models.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)