DISH Hopper coming at CES ?

From what I hear the inventory is already at the warehouses, its just up to the software folks now... :)

I would expect it to be out before the end of April (if not sooner... a lot sooner) :)

Is my memory going? I thought Joe said "this quarter!"

Isn't April in the first quarter?;)

Well, let's see:

January
February
March = 1 quarter
April
May
June = 1 quarter
July
August
September = 1 quarter
October
November
December = 1 quarter

If the year begins in January, can you tell me which quarter April is in? ;)

Sorry. A failed attempt at being a smart a$$.:D:p;)

Nothing to be sorry for.. :) I knew you were being a smart a$$! The whole part of this thread talking about first quarter , April, etc. is amusing...

Regardless of what quarter it sounds like it will be available in the next couple months. I can't wait for Team Summit this year to see how well it's working for everyone.

Dang I uploaded my 1080p DISH HOPPER Demo to Youtube and they rejected it because it was over 2GB in size... so now I am rerendering it in 720p and hopefully it fits now. :)

Anybody know yet if all the outputs on the Hopper are active at the same time like the 722k is, i.e. can we run 2 HDTV's (HDMI & component/toslink) from the Hopper alone?

The ethernet posts on the Joey boxes will NOT be active upon release nor at release will you be able to plus a USB hard drive into the Joey and be able to access it as an EHD on the entire network.

However that is something that is coming in the future. So at the moment, the HOPPER BOX is the one that is sending everything.

Also please remember (and I seen this falsely reported at other sites) the Hopper has a total of 3 USB ports (not 2)

SO, I'm inferring from this that you will be able to access your EHD from your Joey(s)?

link to the video

DISH Hopper Demo - YouTube!

looks so small yet so powerfull

Really can't wait but how will it connect to a 722/622 setup
I can get rid of both of them for this one unit and i think i will lose that second DVR fee?

Anyways, wiring the same or other stuff required from the DISH to the unit. Surely it is not as simple as unconnect and swap out.

Last edited: