Dish in Mexico.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jayduhn1

Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Bass Lake, CA
I am living in Mazatlan, MX for eight months and have brought my Dish receiver. Currently every channel I subscribed for comes in beautifully except the local networks, ABC, CBS, NBC. What can I do?

You might be able to get a local market that is carried on 77 since that satellite points down towards MX. But, they are going to launch a new satellite to 61.5 and eventually the markets carried on 77 will probably move to 61.5 sometime around the end of 2012.

110, 119, and 129 come in great. I know my locale networks are on 129, transponder 8 (cannot get any transponders under 16). Dish tells me the footprint for any local network area is small and there is nothing down here but I don't believe that because my locals were changed from one area to another once with the flick of a switch. What do you think?

Go to the "TheList" at the top of the forum page and check out each Dish satellite (subscription tv).

You will find 4 HD national cities on 61.5W, a bunch on 77W (the new Quetzsat Satellite beams covers your area and will likely be live before the first of the year), ALL America Direct(AAD) SD from San Franscisco on 119w, and HD LA on 110w.

Depending on your home address, you can receive any of them. If I remember correctly the 110 LA HD stations can only be obtained using a prepaid package and you need proof of motor home, commercial trucker, etc for Dish to activate. AAD is not affiliated with Dish but leases a transponder from Echostar and is supported by the Dish encryption system and guide menu.

As mentioned earlier, the new Echostar 16 satellite at 61.5W will have lots of spot beams so don't count on the present 61.5w or 77w Conus locals continuing much more than one more year.

The NY feeds of all the networks are available from AAD and are on 119 in SD. You have the option to subscribe to either or both. $3.49 for the network from either coast or $3.99 from both coasts.

I am living in Mazatlan, MX for eight months and have brought my Dish receiver. Currently every channel I subscribed for comes in beautifully except the local networks, ABC, CBS, NBC. What can I do?

Really you can do that?
You are having there the channels you have here in the US? In Mazatlan?
:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)