Dish is forcing banner ads on premium channels.

Yes but the logos are not something placed into the programming by Dish Network unlike the banners. If they are giving you programming for free then I could see this solicitation but when you pay fees to subscribe to particular programming it should be free of banners and ads, just like this forum.

The logos were put in by the content providers to prevent theft of content. By embedding the logos in the screen, someone cannot record to a DVR and then burn to a DVD to sell without someone knowing it was lifted from a broadcast.

I can live with the logos, I CANNOT live with the Dish originated banners!

The logos were put in by the content providers to prevent theft of content. By embedding the logos in the screen, someone cannot record to a DVR and then burn to a DVD to sell without someone knowing it was lifted from a broadcast.

This is what many of us can not understand. First, I DO understand that it might bother someone. But to say a logo (and now two sometimes on some channels like History) is always on the otherwise pristine picture does not bother you, but a 3 to 5 second banner, that does not get recorded of you record the program, bothers you just seems like complaining just to complain. Again, I respect it might bother someone, but more than the logos on the actual picture??

jbrooks987 said:
That takes WORK!! You have to press a button!!!!!!!!!

Yet you just changed the channel. Give that thumb a little more exercise and hit the cancel button after you switch the channel. :D:D:D

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

chicagonettech said:

Might be first time in history someone dies from an image on tv. Lol

Get a VUDU capable BD player, you will never look back, 1080p and DD+ sound, no more Dish xxxxola.
I canceled service, got a Channelmaster 7000PAL Echostar based, even has same remote as Dish, OTA
HD tuner/recorder, very happy.

I don't think it will be the additional advertising that will kill Dish for us, but the ever increasing costs and fees. We went from $108.00 to $154.00 when they put the screw-you if you have a dual-DVR fee into effect.

Now they claim no increases till 2013, but I am certain that will be the largest baseball bat anyone has ever crammed up anyone's rear. Maybe Hustler will let someone do a photo=shoot as Charley bends us over, one-by-one, greases us up, and shoves real hard when 2012 ends. We are retiring next year and there is no way in hell I am going to keep paying for his acquisitions and legal actions.

I don't think it will be the additional advertising that will kill Dish for us, but the ever increasing costs and fees. We went from $108.00 to $154.00 when they put the screw-you if you have a dual-DVR fee into effect.

Now they claim no increases till 2013, but I am certain that will be the largest baseball bat anyone has ever crammed up anyone's rear. Maybe Hustler will let someone do a photo=shoot as Charley bends us over, one-by-one, greases us up, and shoves real hard when 2012 ends. We are retiring next year and there is no way in hell I am going to keep paying for his acquisitions and legal actions.

That was way more offensive than any banner I've ever seen. :(

this is really going be the future for us dish customers, they will be a pop up on every channel on dish, even locals. we may have no choice but to deal with it or switch (to those who had it with Dish). and there's no way to turn the Pop-ups off for now, since this is too new for the software on the Dish receivers/DVRs to disable it, I'm sure Dish will be too many complaints about it to the point they will have to add a feature to disable the pop-ups.

I've changed my mind, it's not big deal after all.

Whats the matter with a little bit of information on the same screen as the program indicator and for the same length of time.

I guess they could just blank the channel completely until the channel banner goes off - good grief!

I've changed my mind, it's not big deal after all.

Whats the matter with a little bit of information on the same screen as the program indicator and for the same length of time.

I guess they could just blank the channel completely until the channel banner goes off - good grief!
Well, there are at least two of us who have not been swept away by this mass hysteria.;)
This could be a text-book case!!

Mass hysteria? There is no mass here. :D But some of us just don't care too much for it. Just want E* to know it isn't something we really care for. At least that's the way I feel. :cool:

Mass hysteria? There is no mass here. :D But some of us just don't care too much for it. Just want E* to know it isn't something we really care for. At least that's the way I feel. :cool:
My FRIEND, there is no more time spent, just a little more TEXT at the bottom of the screen. Most of us already ignored the top part, why is it so hard to ignore the bottom? Look at it this way, advertising is everywhere and obtrusive. But if they don't do any more than RENT three seconds on what you were already IGNORING anyway, what's the TRAGEDY?

My FRIEND, there is no more time spent, just a little more TEXT at the bottom of the screen. Most of us already ignored the top part, why is it so hard to ignore the bottom? Look at it this way, advertising is everywhere and obtrusive. But if they don't do any more than RENT three seconds on what you were already IGNORING anyway, what's the TRAGEDY?
It's the fact that they're advertising in the first place. THAT'S the so-called tragedy.

you ae right that it is not the end of the world. Then again neither is people complaining about it. If folks feel this strongly about it they should let DISH know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)