Dish LNB's good for FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
PKII

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 22, 2005
WV
I just torn down my old Dish Network Superdish. Are any of the lnb's good for FTA? I had lnbs that picked up 105, 110 and 119.

AcWxRadar

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
The LNBF for 105 will work for FTA. That is, as long as your receiver will accept it. It is probably a DP or a DP Plus LNBF and it may require more power to operate. Also, the FTA receiver may need a special entry selection for a DP or DP Plus device (OS2 or something like that). Not many FTA receivers provide this option and many that do, do so because a third party software has been compiled to supply this option, which means a "Jolly Roger" firmware.

Your best direction would be to use standard linear or universal linear LNBFs for your FTA purposes. Sell the DN LNBFs on E-Bay and use the proceeds to purchase more appropriate devices. Those which will match most all FTA receivers. I should say that this is just my own personal opinion.

RADAR

Last edited:
M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
The LNB LO on the Superdish LNB's (the 105) is 10750 or 13850. Set it for 10750 but you need to scan from 11700-12900 vertical only (or 13850 and vertical...it will fill in the frequency info)

The V side is the same when aiming. Its the H side that is "stacked"

PKII

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 22, 2005
WV
The 105 lnb sorta looked like a Directv LNB. How about these extention things on the front of the other LNB's good for anything?

Never seen anything like them before. How does this one with a plastic pointing end even pick up a signal.:confused:

And the one that sorta looks like a feedhorn for a cband. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.