Dish LNB's good for FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
I just torn down my old Dish Network Superdish. Are any of the lnb's good for FTA? I had lnbs that picked up 105, 110 and 119.

The LNBF for 105 will work for FTA. That is, as long as your receiver will accept it. It is probably a DP or a DP Plus LNBF and it may require more power to operate. Also, the FTA receiver may need a special entry selection for a DP or DP Plus device (OS2 or something like that). Not many FTA receivers provide this option and many that do, do so because a third party software has been compiled to supply this option, which means a "Jolly Roger" firmware.

Your best direction would be to use standard linear or universal linear LNBFs for your FTA purposes. Sell the DN LNBFs on E-Bay and use the proceeds to purchase more appropriate devices. Those which will match most all FTA receivers. I should say that this is just my own personal opinion.

RADAR

Last edited:
The LNB LO on the Superdish LNB's (the 105) is 10750 or 13850. Set it for 10750 but you need to scan from 11700-12900 vertical only (or 13850 and vertical...it will fill in the frequency info)

The V side is the same when aiming. Its the H side that is "stacked"

The 105 lnb sorta looked like a Directv LNB. How about these extention things on the front of the other LNB's good for anything?

Never seen anything like them before. How does this one with a plastic pointing end even pick up a signal.:confused:

And the one that sorta looks like a feedhorn for a cband. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)