DISH Makes TV Easy with New Hopper Plus™

Yes, completely powered down, disconnected, reconnected the HDMI back to the Hopper. Everything is working again now after so many reboots. It all started when I tried to update the software. I've been getting the software update messages every day, but it never goes to the newest release. When I tried to go into the menu today to upgrade, it started the process of dozens of consecutive reboots. It would land on the starting channel, go a few seconds, freeze, and then reboot again. Now I have no idea which device is failing, or is this just some sort of update failure and both devices are fine
I hear ya. No telling what the issue is. Hope it all sorts out for you. So you all good now in H+ mode?

As you will notice the 40.0 remote does not work well with it. They want you to use the DISH Vice Remote with it and ONLY the Dish voice remote.

My wife HATES the Dish 54 remotes but its the only way she has full access to her recorded shows.
My wife refuses to even touch them. When I was 8 years old I was my father's remote control. I choose not to resume that type of service work.

Having only used the 54 series remotes I am curious as to why so many on here seem to prefer the older remotes? Is it just familiarity or do they function better in some way?
Those of us who have been with Dish forever expect a remote with lots of buttons. Dish refined their design early and made obviously-named buttons and not some infernal power button that controls both receiver and TV, or some buttons that you are supposed to press and hold. What are we supposed to do? RTFM? :eeek

And in the continuing saga of "Is it hardware or is it software?", today the Hopper 3 and H+ are working fine. Was in a continual reboot cycle when I went to bed, this morning all is fine (so far). At 7:30am it finally updated to H325 software on the Hopper. We'll give it a good football test this weekend (Go Lions), and thankfully I have a great outdoor OTA to back me up if we go back to the endless loop cycle of reboots.

My H+ Peacock+ and Discovery+ apps will not work. They both worked OK yesterday and they work good in my Firestick. Is there a way to refresh the apps in the H+ or is there anyway to get them working again?

Having only used the 54 series remotes I am curious as to why so many on here seem to prefer the older remotes? Is it just familiarity or do they function better in some way?
The 40 series looks and feels more like a conventional remote. Some taks are easier with it and if you have never used the 54 series you don't know about the ones that are not.

Personally I will use whatever is ahndy.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Delete them from your apps and then reload them and login in as usual.
Deleted Paramount+ app and re-installed after three tries. Couldn't get it to work so reset the H+. It still will not play. After app opens I press any button to do something and it takes me back to the H+ home screen. App works good in my Firestick

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Just tried to watch channel 540-1 Kansas St at OU on the hopper 3 with the plus and it’s telling me attention format not supported 1540. Was always able to watch these channels without the plus. It’s on a newer LG OLED C1. Now what?

• Wow
Just tried to watch channel 540-1 Kansas St at OU on the hopper 3 with the plus and it’s telling me attention format not supported 1540. Was always able to watch these channels without the plus. It’s on a newer LG OLED C1. Now what?
Have you tried restarting the Hopper 3/Hopper Plus? Also your TV needs to be HDR capable.

Have you tried restarting the Hopper 3/Hopper Plus? Also your TV needs to be HDR capable.
No I’m tired of resetting and interrupting the other tv’s and prime time anytime. Yes, it’s a 4K oled and I used to watch these channels all the time with no problem. This is the first time I have tried to watch one of the 4K channels since it was installed. Wondered if others have had issues since this plus unit thinks it’s in hdr all the time anyway.

When you see the error press the Guide button. :)