Dish Network 2008 CES Press Conference Discussion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes, I am speculating . But it stands to reason.

I also hope you are correct - but I don't understand why they are acting so quiet. They have to be taking phone calls daily asking when there will be more new channels added.

They are also losing customers every day over this - I am not saying 1 or 100 or 1,000 or even 10,000. But they are losing customers because of nothing more than their silence - once you lose a customer they are gone for at least 2 years.

Confuses me totally.

how many trnpodners of echsotar 3 actuañllky work? how amneyc ahenls it acan ahdne

any enwes abotu dish enetwork emxico plans at 77 west or whatver dish emxico aplans are actuañly
tooo amqany anems says in emxici
qeuztat , es americom(owner of 77)
provider di dish entowrk emxico
te mvs mutlvison improt dishe quipmenes
}
even mexico monoplic telemx metion to oeprate 77 west

aslo as a separte tehy emyiona polo dth form mexico multimilonay alejandro burirllo( apolo dth/grupo epgaso

when marc., april, may

77w ets curently laoded with 32 dish testst ,

I live near Huntsville, AL hope I don't have to add a 2nd dish for 61.5 for the HD locals.

Fortunately I can get the all of the HD locals OTA. Full broadcast bitrate too. ;)

Making me buy another dish and have it installed would seem to be a dis-incentive for their business. :(

Dish pays for all dishes and installation needed to receive any programming that you subscribe to on Dish Network.

how many trnpodners of echsotar 3 actuañllky work? how amneyc ahenls it acan ahdne

any enwes abotu dish enetwork emxico plans at 77 west or whatver dish emxico aplans are actuañly
tooo amqany anems says in emxici
qeuztat , es americom(owner of 77)
provider di dish entowrk emxico
te mvs mutlvison improt dishe quipmenes
}
even mexico monoplic telemx metion to oeprate 77 west

aslo as a separte tehy emyiona polo dth form mexico multimilonay alejandro burirllo( apolo dth/grupo epgaso

when marc., april, may

77w ets curently laoded with 32 dish testst ,

Dude, you have some serious garbling going on.

I also hope you are correct - but I don't understand why they are acting so quiet. They have to be taking phone calls daily asking when there will be more new channels added.
95% of their customers are content with the number of channels they've got.
They are also losing customers every day over this - I am not saying 1 or 100 or 1,000 or even 10,000. But they are losing customers because of nothing more than their silence - once you lose a customer they are gone for at least 2 years.
Where has it been reported that they're losing customers and that "silence" is the cause for it ?

95% of their customers are content with the number of channels they've got. Where has it been reported that they're losing customers and that "silence" is the cause for it ?

I'd like to report that I am leaving Dish based on their "silence."

So there, it is reported. I may be alone. I may not. You decide if I am the ONLY guy leaving Dish based first and foremost on their silence.

So there, it is reported. I may be alone. I may not. You decide if I am the ONLY guy leaving Dish based first and foremost on their silence.
Whew!

I've kept an eye on you agonizing over this grueling decision for what seems like a long time now and I'm glad you finally won't have to any more. It must be great to have that behind you now.

Good luck. See ya :wave

Don't let the door kick you in the butt on the way out :D

Seriously, once those new birds go up, I think we'll see a lot of improvements, like the end of HDLite; more national HD channels, and sling integration.

Patience grasshopper.... :)

Not if you live in Alaska!!!:mad:

Why not?:confused:

For what I'm know AK,HI and PR have more or less the same Dish setup and execpt the DHA plan(here doesn't apply due to no DNS office available on the Island) new install cost the same here than in the mainland,Only the installs for 61.5 is a extra charge only because have to be a 6' dish.

I think it's safe to say that there's a breakdown in E*'s customer communication when you have to look at a file of a picture of a map taken at CES posted on an internet message board in order to find out what their upcoming HD LIL plans are.

Did anyone even get some kind of official word, or even good speculation, about what Dish is going to DO with those Mexico slots? Are they going to compete with Sky Mexico, or perhaps try to put together a single dish solution that's useable with the 61.5 position on the east coast?

Greetings! I'm really thinking that Norfolk may be in the plans. If you look at the zoomed image of the map, you can locate a green dot @ about Richmond, and another on the Eastern Shore (where I am). I cannot see them adding the Salisbury, MD channels simply because there are only 2 HD's up there (CBS & ABC), so I'm really hopeful that dot is for Norfolk.

Now, that being said, I've read many places that LIN doesn't play well sometimes when it has come to uplinking their HD channels, and WAVY & WVBT used to be owned by LIN (not sure if still are or not), so will we get Norfolk w/o NBC or Fox43? Guess we'll just have to wait & see (every appendage crossed for good luck :) )

btw- Welcome!!

Rob

I appreciate your post. It's funny b/c when I look at the zoomed in image of the map, I get a totally different impression. Obviously, this shows how bad the map is (and the silence on behalf of dish!). I agree with you about Richmond, but if Norfolk was on the map there would be a dot closer to the North Carolna border near the bottom right-hand corner of the state. Instead, like you mention there is a dot on what looks like the Eastern Shore (norfolk isn't really all that close to the eastern shore).

Someone posted somewhere else that the map they released isn't all of the markets they are trying to add this year. Is that true or not? If it is true... there's a good chance I need to make a switch. All I ever really watch is ESPN, my locals, and univeralHD (ex. TV's been off and the dvr's been empty since the writers strike, except for sports!).

I appreciate your post. It's funny b/c when I look at the zoomed in image of the map, I get a totally different impression. Obviously, this shows how bad the map is (and the silence on behalf of dish!). I agree with you about Richmond, but if Norfolk was on the map there would be a dot closer to the North Carolna border near the bottom right-hand corner of the state. Instead, like you mention there is a dot on what looks like the Eastern Shore (norfolk isn't really all that close to the eastern shore).

Someone posted somewhere else that the map they released isn't all of the markets they are trying to add this year. Is that true or not? If it is true... there's a good chance I need to make a switch. All I ever really watch is ESPN, my locals, and univeralHD (ex. TV's been off and the dvr's been empty since the writers strike, except for sports!).

I just keep hoping that we'll get the norfolk, i do get them in sd from Dish, but living where i do, i don't have a snowball's chance to get them OTA. Believe me i've tried, but there's a county owned POS translator btw me & shooting accross the bay (about 1 mile from me, i can see the red lights flash) & it broadcasts on chs 25, 30, 36, 40. Well, WAVY broadcasts on 31 & WVEC broadcasts on 41. :confused: but the only hd i get OTA is from Salisbury, MD, and they get so slack sometimes, that i have to call the news desk and ask them to get the guys in the control room to flip the switch. about 45 seconds after i hang up, the HD comes in. That's just plain sad ;)

Everybody needs to have patience with HD.Would you like them to put it up and the picture is crappy,stretched or hd lite or would you rather have it a true hd picture? you decide but I would rather it be true hd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)