Dish Network 5G Internet?

I like the top of the line phones. My first two sere Samsung 3s used and only lasted about a year each. So, I bought a Note10+ new on eBay still at a discounted price. I have had it, since they came out and it still works perfectly. But $650 was a discounted price. It listed at $900 something. A lot of people buy from the big guys and the phone payment is built into the monthly price. Nothing is FREE.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Perhaps the unitary and simplicity will draw back a few.
For those of us who have Children in their 20‘s and 30’s ( like myself), they were all raised with the internet ( for example, my son who is now 32, was 8 in 1998 when we first got broadband), multitasking thru the different streaming platforms is nothing to them, simplicity is not in their vocabulary.

And what is so different switching apps on a Hopper Plus then a Roku?

Well this is giving you more than 1 TV and the ability to record and have locals, which is one thing that's hard to find with streaming, isn't it?
Considering that all the main programming on Locals ( and Cable Channels) are on streaming services either before, same time or a day after, there is not much need to record anymore.

Considering that all the main programming on Locals ( and Cable Channels) are on streaming services either before, same time or a day after, there is not much need to record anymore.

For the same reason Dish & Directv first came out for is due to the rural area's not having a cable option. The rural areas don't always have dependable internet service to stream everything.

For those of us who have Children in their 20‘s and 30’s ( like myself), they were all raised with the internet ( for example, my son who is now 32, was 8 in 1998 when we first got broadband), multitasking thru the different streaming platforms is nothing to them, simplicity is not in their vocabulary.

And what is so different switching apps on a Hopper Plus then a Roku?
Well you went back and mentioned recording, I think recording still has a place for live Sports, et al and is there a way to live stream local channels on streaming apps??

Well you went back and mentioned recording, I think recording still has a place for live Sports, et al and is there a way to live stream local channels on streaming apps??
I live stream Live ABC on my ABC app, CBS on my Paramount+ app, Fox on the FoxNow app, and NBC on the NBC app. Paramount is, of course, a subscription channel on its own and the rest need a TV provider login.

I live stream Live ABC on my ABC app, CBS on my Paramount+ app, Fox on the FoxNow app, and NBC on the NBC app. Paramount is, of course, a subscription channel on its own and the rest need a TV provider login.
Do the network apps allow you to skip commercials? If not, they are not for me. When I go to on demand for network shows, all the ff and skip forward and back controls are not allowed. I record to skip commercials.

Do the network apps allow you to skip commercials? If not, they are not for me. When I go to on demand for network shows, all the ff and skip forward and back controls are not allowed. I record to skip commercials.
If you pay for the streaming service‘s no commercials plan, no need to fast forward, ads are pulled out, for example,CBS shows on P+ the next day, I have the no commercials plan, when it is time for a ad, it goes black for a second, then the shows starts right back, I can also fast forward and rewind on any paid streaming service.

The TV Everywhere apps you will have commercials, no matter live or on demand, but the service is free with a paid Live TV subscription, so what do you expect.

But if you watching live, there are going to be commercials no matter what service you have.

So, to get the three major networks, you have to subscribe to Paramount+, Peacock, and a Disney package. Plus extra for the NO commercial package. How is that a deal, unless you are rich. Then you ad Netflix etc, but not for free.

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
I've been running out of interesting programs on the networks on my AT250 plan. I'm into science and nature and even history. Well, the dang Discovery channel as well as History channel all insert commercials as bad or worse than on their linear channels, and these cannot be skipped. The only channel I've seen that lets you view on-demand without commercials is Smithsonian. Any others?

So, to get the three major networks, you have to subscribe to Paramount+, Peacock, and a Disney package. Plus extra for the NO commercial package. How is that a deal, unless you are rich. Then you ad Netflix etc, but not for free.
As of now, Hulu ( NBC, FOX and ABC, also you get FX shows and a bunch of other cable channels shows) and Paramount+ ( CBS), so for Commercial Free-$22.98 a month for both.

Next Season you will have to get Peacock to get NBC Shows ( also, all the shows from the Universal Cable Channels, SyFy for example and Universal Movies since they are leaving HBO), Commercial Free is $9.99 a month, so still only basically $34 a month.

The benefit of the streaming services is you get all the shows that are on a Traditional Provider plus you get the exclusive shows like Seal Team and all the Star Trek Shows on Paramount+ or the Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu.

Last edited:
I've been running out of interesting programs on the networks on my AT250 plan. I'm into science and nature and even history. Well, the dang Discovery channel as well as History channel all insert commercials as bad or worse than on their linear channels, and these cannot be skipped. The only channel I've seen that lets you view on-demand without commercials is Smithsonian. Any others?
Discovery+ has a Commercial Free option if you want to go that route.

You will be amazed at the picture difference, that was my wife’s favorite app and when she watched it, you would almost think it was 4K ( some programming is), everything is in at least 1080P.

Also, all the Nat Geographic content is on Hulu and Disney+.

Last edited:
Are those the local affiliates or the Major Network affiliates that I believe come from NY City? I'm trying to see if you can do that without a provider login

Reactions: AZ.
Yipes! That isn't comforting.

Look, we met the 20% threshold... just no one can afford the phone to use it.

I'm all for this working for Dish, but without a phone that isn't just shy of $1000? This ain't working! Need the horse to pull the cart... need stuff on the cart that needs to be pulled. This would be all cart, no horse.

Reactions: AZ. and TheKrell
Yipes! That isn't comforting.

Look, we met the 20% threshold... just no one can afford the phone to use it.

I'm all for this working for Dish, but without a phone that isn't just shy of $1000? This ain't working! Need the horse to pull the cart... need stuff on the cart that needs to be pulled. This would be all cart, no horse.
Yep, also no one will care what band of 5G this phone/network is, only that it works great and fast.

You are correct, $899 ( + the monthly bill) is way too much, considering what I just bought for $359.99, came with the 1 year plan of Unlimited Talk, Text, I do not use the phone that much, hence why I do not want a monthly bill.

This is what I purchased-

Moto G Stylus 5G 6.8" Tracfone w/Unlimited Talk, Text, and 8GB of Data​

Reactions: TheKrell
Yep, also no one will care what band of 5G this phone/network is, only that it works great and fast.

You are correct, $899 ( + the monthly bill) is way too much, considering what I just bought for $359.99, came with the 1 year plan of Unlimited Talk, Text, I do not use the phone that much, hence why I do not want a monthly bill.

This is what I purchased-

Moto G Stylus 5G 6.8" Tracfone w/Unlimited Talk, Text, and 8GB of Data​

Remember the goal here isn’t to sell phones or phone services yet. It’s to satisfy government deadlines.

If someone want to pay and be a tester they are welcome to though.

When Dish is really ready to sell service you are going to hear about it everywhere with free phones and deals on services.